Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator
General Dynamics Information Technology, Towson Maryland
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:MBI Full 5C (T3)
Job Family:Systems Administration
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administrator supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), you will be trusted with providing support in design, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, and supporting continuous integration pipelines utilizing cloud and container technologies.
We are GDIT.
The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. Our work depends on a RHEL Administrator joining our team to support our Federal Healthcare program.
IN THIS ROLE, A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- Developing better and more efficient ways of delivering solutions that meet business objectives.
- Creating/updating and maintaining system documentation.
- Writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Automating management and orchestration tasks.
- Building CI/CD pipelines for Microservices and deployment to containers.
- Performing and automating Linux administration activities and collaborating with the development and test teams on continually improving our processes.
- Working with scrum teams to build and deliver software releases and infrastructure improvements through improved CI/CD processes.
- Conducting investigations and analysis to provide recommendations regarding technology improvements, development best practices, standardization, upgrades, and modifications to the DevOps process.
- Monitoring the CI/CD pipeline to identify performance issues and performing troubleshooting.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or relevant experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- 5+ years experience with one or more programming or scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, C#, Java, Python, Ruby or C++.
- 2 years of experience deploying cloud architecture.
- Experience with IaC tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack (Jenkins and Ansible preferred).
- Experience with infrastructure in a cloud environment (AWS preferred).
- Experience deploying and managing containers, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with scripting (e.g. bash).
- Experience with GitHub, Liquibase or other source code control systems, branching and merging, automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deploy frameworks.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow, and SharePoint.
- Experience working with a variety of open-source tools and technologies for managing source codes.
- Experience with software code testing and deployment (JMeter, Selenium, SOAPUI).
- Experience in development, testing, and deployment technologies.
- Experience with deploying various DevOps automation tools.
- Experience with software development through automation tools.
- A firm grounding in the Agile methodology.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Health Care Industry or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) experience.
- Soft skills to work with a broad group of individuals from very technical, project, program, and customer facing.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at multi-tasking and proactive in work responsibilities.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Passion for providing a great customer experience.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership, and closely work with development team to drive product improvement.
- Capability of speaking directly with client teams to provide knowledge transfer or cloud expertise.
- Strong background in Microsoft based applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Experience with security and network monitoring tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Trend Micro, and Splunk.
- Backup AWS and on-premise resources using AWS services.
- Ability to manage time effectively, to work under time pressure, to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments, and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Must have lived in the US for the last 3 out of 5 years.
- Must be a US person (green card or citizen).
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
As part of our team, you will have the ability to nationally impact fraud, waste, and abuse for healthcare data. We are working closely with CMS to migrate to a new AWS data infrastructure, and you could be part of this migration team. We offer flexible work hours and remote work options.
Discover more at www.gdit.com/careers
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting 100%
Work Location:USA MD Towson - One West Pennsylvania Ave (MDS052)
Additional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.