Jobs related to "DWH Specialist - Sr. Informatica Developer"
Data Warehouse Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Required skills and abilities:
- Leads the tuning of ETL processes
- Leads the tuning of databases
- Responsible for timely project deliveries
- Leads in writing and reviewing software functional specifications and design reviews
- Participates in writing and reviewing software functional specifications and design reviews
- Collaborates with development teams, business units to identify, define, develop and implement new data source feeds
- Monitors usage of the Data Warehouse to identify potential capacity overloads and bottlenecks
- Assists with tuning of ETL processes and database performance
- Design and develop any/all necessary ETL processes
- Responsible for loading and validating data into the data warehouse
- Provides support for technical issues and ensuring system availability
- Remains current on Data Warehousing technologies, testing industry trends and best practices
- Ownership of projects and responsible for deliverables
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Self-starter with " can-do" attitude, a must in a fast-paced business and technical environment
- Professional oral and written communication skills, communicate regularly and effectively with other team members.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development, work under own initiative. Ability to prioritize tasks and work concurrently on multiple tasks.
- Project management experiences a plus.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- 6 years of experience in software development utilizing Informatica in combination with Oracle databases in a distribution system environment
- Complete understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expert Knowledge of application design principles, systems development and analysis.
- Expert UNIX/LINUX and Oracle 12c experience
- Complete understanding of relational database design and architecture
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) architecture and reporting mechanism using tools like Microstrategy
- Relevant knowledge of application design principles, system development and analysis.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Informatica Powercenter and its application in a production environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Business Intelligence architecture and reporting mechanisms.
- Expert experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms and Oracle 12c relational databases.