IT Project Manager
An IT Project Manager is accountable for delivering value through the execution and delivery of IT projects on time and within budget. Project Managers contribute to the success of the company through partnering with stakeholders to ensure projects follow established PMO practices that deliver best in class project performance and enable the sustainability and growth of the company
IT is a fast moving and rapidly evolving environment within which the Project Manager is expected to actively manage the project plan, budget, and resources while ensuring adherence to the project services processes (e.g. provide consistent reporting, issue/risk tracking, etc.)
This role will be located in Houston, TX/Bartlesville, OK.
This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management:
- In conjunction with the Project Owner, manage the project to meet the needs of the business, benefits as outlined in the business case, reasonable expectations of end users and the project steering committee.
- Responsible for the project, including project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management.
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources in compliance with IT project management guidelines.
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Responsible for disseminating information to key project team members
- If project is agile, responsible to act as the scrum master or work with the scrum master to ensure the appropriate agile ways of working are utilized (sprint planning, backlog grooming, user story creation, demos, retrospective, etc.)
- Coaches and mentors staff and managers under direct report
- Responsible for managing relationship with consultant project manager if applicable
- In conjunction with the technical resources, manage integration of solution(s) into enterprise technical architecture and business environment
- In conjunction with the project owner and business subject matter experts, manages highly complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or functions
- In conjunction with procurement, manage all procurement of hardware, software and services
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and summarize communications for executive consumption.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record.
- Excellent management and team-building skills.
- Utilizes project management software tools such as MS Project and Agile collaboration tools to effectively manage, monitor and control project activities.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation.
- Business application and system development life cycle management.
- Budget planning and management.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management as well as internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building.
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment.
- Self-motivated and a problem solver.
- Experienced in facilitation and negotiating.
- Intercultural competence.
Bachelor' s or master' s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7 to 10 years of IT and business/industry work.
- Familiar with Agile methodology, including Scrum, SAFE, etc. and has lead at least one successful agile project from planning to close. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is preferred.
- Three to five years of leadership responsibility managing midsize to large teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Certification from recognized authority preferred (e.g., project management professional [PMP] certification from the Project Management Institute [PMI]) for international projects or global rollouts, and experience in leading internationally distributed teams. (THIS QUALIFICATION IS A MUST, CANDIDATES WITHOUT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED)
- Power BI report writing experience, transformation PMO experience