C23901 Alfa Laval Inc (US), Richmond Virginia
We're glad you want to help us make a difference!
We create better everyday conditions for people. We do this by contributing to a more sustainable future through engineering innovation. We love what we do and we’re good at it. We're now looking for passionate people to become even better!
CPB Design Engineer
This position is responsible for the overall design of the Compabloc (CPB) heat exchanger. Generating necessary drawings and performing calculations to ASME codes and customer criteria are within the scope of this position.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall design validation, general arrangement drawings, and calculations for Compabloc (CPB) heat exchangers.
- Validate accuracy of CAS Design
- Responsible for ASME pressure vessel and weld design of CPB heat exchanger.
- Create G/A and detailed manufacturing drawings for customer approval
- Load calculations performed to IBC, UBC, BOCA, ASCE
- Assure shop documents are generated, reviewed and approved.
- Perform required work to meet project milestones.
- Interact with Project Managers, customers, sales, order planners, and production teams.
- Technical product and quotation support of custom designs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an Engineering Environment involving machining, welding, & assembly
- ASME Boiler & Pressure vessel Code knowledge, use and calculations, including ASME Section IX, ASME Section VIII Div. 1
- IBC, UBC, BOCA, ASCE, ANSI Code knowledge
- Proficiency with computer aided design software (Solidworks, Tacton Works)
- Proficiency with calculation software (MathCAD, Ansys, Compress)