Regional Sales Manager - Heat Transfer + Separation
C23901 Alfa Laval Inc (US), Fresno California
We're glad you want to help us make a difference!
We create better everyday conditions for people. We do this by contributing to a more sustainable future through engineering innovation. We love what we do and we’re good at it. We're now looking for passionate people to become even better!
The Regional Sales Manager will close sales of service products and operating solutions to customers and owners of Alfa Laval heat exchanger and separation equipment.
Key products will include plate heat exchangers, decanters and high-speed separators along with supporting other technology that Alfa Laval manufactures, as well as service for competitor manufactured products.
Territory is the Western US. Territory will include California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and New Mexico. (Please note: This is a West Coast, home based position with 60-70% travel).
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION (outline job duties and responsibilities):
- Identifies and develops potential sales markets, specific accounts or customers for new or repeat sales opportunities (prospecting)
- Meets with customers individually to assess their needs and develop a solution using Alfa Laval technology.
- May require advanced knowledge of product, promote technology conversion, and educate and train customers on AL products.
- Meets with customers with a Channel Partner or team members to assess their needs and develop a solution using Alfa Laval technology.
- Drives the sales process directly with customers through coordinating the quote, negotiations, determining terms and conditions and closing of the order.
- Drives the sales process with a Channel Partner through coordinating the quote, negotiations, determining terms and conditions and closing of the order.
- Generates quotes for equipment and/or projects individually or with a Channel Partner.
- May require design work, extensive knowledge of Alfa Laval products & applications, determining costs to manufacture, and projecting delivery times.
- Develops and monitors business plans with Channel Partners to improve Alfa Laval's presence and sales potential in the market or territory.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred or a BA with technical on-the-job experience within Industrial Process
- 5 years’ experience in sales and service preferred within the Industrial Process, Food and Life Science markets
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes Desired in Candidate:
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with thermal and/or separation equipment or related industrial equipment Must be a team player and relate to people at all levels Ability to gather, analyze, and suggest solutions to problems that may arise in the process Strong drive and determination and willingness to be creative in developing new ideas and procedures to solve problems Strong business acumen and can close business quickly; focused on developing the long-term profitability of accounts.