Austin Professional Svcs, Inc., Dallas Texas
Austin Industries has an outstanding opportunity for a Payroll Administrator at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. The ideal candidate will have proven experience with delivering full-cycle, multi-state, in-house payroll services on a weekly basis as well as the ability to provide excellent customer service to employee-owners.
- Full-cycle payroll functions, including but not limited to:
- Compute wage and overtime in accordance with: FLSA, state labor laws, Davis-Bacon Act
- Inspection of pay registers and standard reports to ensure payment accuracy
- Establish and maintain personnel/payroll records: hire, rate change, tax status, direct deposit, etc.
- Process garnishments and wage levies
- Voluntary and involuntary terminations as per applicable federal/state labor laws
- Gross-up calculations
- Certified payroll reporting (union and government-funded projects)
- Calculation and submission of agency payments: taxes, garnishments, etc.
- Reconciliation of payroll-related general ledger accounts
- Provide exceptional customer service during daily interactions with corporate and field personnel
- Ad Hoc special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- 2+ years of experience supporting full-cycle, in-house payroll
- MS Excel proficiency (Pivot Table, vLookup, etc.)
- Must be highly organized with an attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet deadlines
- Spanish fluency and CPP preferred
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance and a matching 401K plan, and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html.
An equal employment opportunity employer
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Industries
Austin Industries and its operating companies engage in almost every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction. Austin is owned entirely by its employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Austin Industries has a rich history. We are one of the largest and most diversified construction firms in the nation. Austin stands on the core values of Uncompromising Integrity, Employee-ownership, Exemplary Service and Excellence in Safety. To learn more about our history, culture and operations, visit us at www.austin-ind.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)