Austin Commercial, LP, Dallas Texas
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to grow your career at one of the industry’s leading construction firms? Put your expertise and crane skills to work at Austin Commercial. Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Crane Technician for projects in the Dallas / Fort Worth, TX area. We set the standard for commercial construction and we are looking for talented construction professionals to join us. Austin is 100% employee-owned, so every one of our employee-owners has a stake in our success. As a result, we consistently meet and exceed our customers’ expectations with our commitment to safety, service, and integrity. Join us today. We Own It!
The Crane Technician is responsible for the assembly and disassembly of construction cranes including tower cranes and crawler cranes. We are seeking career-oriented and dedicated individuals who have an optimistic outlook to new challenges and projects.
- Assembling and disassembling construction cranes on multiple job sites. This includes tower cranes and crawler cranes.
- Operating other types of construction equipment including forklifts, backhoes, track hoes, etc.
- Performing basic maintenance on equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation.
- Preparing lift plans.
- Performing rigging and flagging.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be NCCCO certified in tower cranes, large hydraulics and crawlers.
- Must possess a clean driving record with a CDL with Class A endorsement.
- Basic knowledge of assembly and disassembly of cranes – crawlers and towers
- Trained and experienced in rigging and flagging.
- Qualified construction equipment operator.
- Must be strongly safety conscious.
- Should be mechanically inclined with trouble shooting ability.
- Self-Motivated – Good Attitude
- Trainable and willing to perform multiple task
- Basic computer skills
- For safety reasons, it is imperative that the employee be able to read and speak fluent English.
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). To learn more about Austin’s Employee-Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Commercial
Become an owner of one of North America's most respected and fastest growing commercial construction firms! Austin Commercial’s employee-owners put our expertise to work in regional and national operations, building iconic projects that set the bar in our industry. Whether world-class airports and aviation facilities, technologically advanced healthcare facilities, cutting-edge educational and research facilities, professional sports stadiums, high-rises, hospitality, and other leading commercial markets, Austin’s industry expertise and ingenuity are second to none. Become an employee-owner today, grow your career, and put your skills to work at Austin Commercial. We Own It!
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)