619 Recruiting, Columbus Ohio
JOB DESCRIPTION – General Contractor Senior SUPERINTENDENT – (Healthcare, Manufacturing, K-12)
What is needed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or similar
- Minimum of 10-15 years' related experience training and/or experience.
- Thorough knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
Other responsibilities (Overview):
- Primary liaison with owners/architects/engineers for the day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Participate in project pursuits, proposals and presentations. Main contributor in securing the project during the competition phase.
- Lead, supervise and develop Superintendents and other staff, including providing input on or complete performance appraisals.
- Develop and implement overall project set-up and site logistics plan and identifying project-specific scope of work to implement the plan.
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Review and respond to subcontractor schedule impacts and or claims of productivity impacts.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with our client’ s standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and make decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Respond to subcontractor requests for field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolve local area problems, regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and our clients trade staff.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Act as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Perform in the capacity of Stormwater Compliance Coordinator (SCC) in accordance with our client’ s Stormwater Compliance Program.
- Manage the General Conditions (GCs) and General Requirements (GRs) (back page) for the project to maintain the budget.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP) and oversee the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices, and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and confirms to the approved contract documents.
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary/package
- Healthcare benefits, sick pay
If you are a GC Senior Superintendent, please apply now! Only local candidates will be considered for this role.