for the Marine Senior Claim Director position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Marine Senior Claim Director
Alpharetta - Chubb
Chubb is currently seeking a Marine Senior Claim Director. Ideally, this individual would be located in one of these locations: Wilmington, DE; Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; Jersey City, NJ; Basking Ridge, NJ; or Chicago, IL.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Marine Senior Claim Director will be part of the 1st Party Marine Services Unit responsible for handling Ocean Cargo, Inland Marine Transit, Motor Truck Cargo Legal Liability, and other transportation/warehouseman related claims. The position requires the analysis of a broad number of marine coverage.
• Analyze first reports to determine nature, cause, and extent of loss.
• Promptly and properly develop the claim file to provide accurate and timely investigations and loss analysis.
• Maintain an active diary.
• Monitor diary to achieve timely development of file.
• Timely disposition of the claim.
• Recognize and pursue recovery where possible.
• Adhere to all statutory regulations and unfair claim practices acts.
• Effectively communicate with all internal and external customers.
• Direct, manage, and supervise surveyors, investigators, experts, and attorneys subject to established guidelines and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Marine/Transportation claim industry experience. Must be proficient with the maritime industry as it relates to: shipping, navigation, waters, commerce and transportation regulations..
• Advanced level of demonstrated knowledge and skill in the following areas: investigation techniques; written and verbal communication related to claims handling; insurance contracts; legal requirements and regulations; damage and/or loss evaluation; negotiations; industry trends; litigation procedures, reserving, and time management skills.
• Effective communication with a wide spectrum of constituents both internally and externally.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships with underwriters, clients, and brokers.
• Demonstrate the ability to share knowledge and work within a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 7 years of marine claim handling experience.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No job matches. Start a new search below!