for the Senior Software Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Senior Software Engineer
Rochester - Thomson Reuters
This Senior Software Engineering position entails working on multidimensional initiatives as a member of functional and project related team efforts. Projects are complex; work on a particular system or application requires multiple areas of domain and/or technology expertise. A Senior Software Engineer is accountable for the quality of his/her own work, and expected to deliver within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
The role requires a good understanding of business applications and how to work with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Also required is a strong understanding of Agile methodologies as the projects assigned are follow general IT best practices.
Primary Job Duties
- Researches, designs, develops and integrates applications at a senior-level as per agreed upon specifications.
- Writes new software or makes modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- On a daily basis, writes code and unit tests, ensuring development standards are being followed.
- Analyzes functional specifications, producing technical specifications
- Participates in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provides design options, and provides work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Recommends solutions for software enhancements.
- Provides accurate and timely status reports on work progress, as needed.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to and collaborates with team members, interacting with colleagues across the globe on a daily basis.
- Other duties will include: production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
No job matches. Start a new search below!