for the Operations Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Kewdale - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
The Distribution Centre (DC) Operations Manager role is responsible for the total operations of the DC, ensuring operations which maximize performance in safety, quality, service and cost efficiency. Based in Perth, the position leads a team of Team Leaders, Support Roles, and Operators and is responsible for the warehouse facility and the equipment utilised to meet these objectives.
- To maintain compliance with relevant Road Transport Heavy Vehicle National and State based law. The Team Leader plays an important role in the area of Chain of Responsibility and is identified as a Loading Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all safety policies, procedures and instructions to protect against accidents and lost productivity.
- Manage and control warehousing expense through budget control.
- Demonstrate a high commitment to quality performance and World Class Quality through the WHS Management system.
- Ensure shift team members are adhering to the corporate requirements for receipt, storage and dispatch of finished products to ensure stock-taking, cycle counting and all other stock movements, are in accordance with company policies, ensuring that the highest levels of stock accuracy is maintained.
- Supervision and coordination of maintenance of all site services and equipment in accordance with Contractor Management requirements which allow the DC to continue to operate efficiently and within budgeted requirements.
- Lead a team of staff and operating labour that is engaged and oriented to achievement of objectives and continual improvement and fostering a ‘Lean’ culture.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience managing logistics operations.
- Exposure to the FMCG industry.
- A developed understanding of logistics execution in sophisticated ERP system, ideally with experience using SAP.
- Ability to lead a team, communicate and influence effectively across all areas of the organisation.
- An aptitude to remain flexible and balanced under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of OHS regulatory requirements.
- Experience using Microsoft applications – specifically Excel and Word.
What’s on offer?
Our Kimberly-Clark employees receive a competitive salary and access to a fantastic range of benefits including superannuation, discounted company products, great training, free health & wellbeing activities, corporate health insurance rates, volunteering leave and much more.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will not provide support for relocation of the chosen candidate for this role, if necessary, relocation will be at the candidate’s own expense. However, K-C will provide assistance and financial support to obtain immigration visas and work authorization for the chosen candidate, if needed.
Primary LocationAustralia - Western Australia - Perth
Time TypeFull time
No job matches. Start a new search below!