for the Engineering Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Conway - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
North Atlantic Consumer Products – Adult & Feminine Care / Conway, AR at Kimberly-Clark
Organization Description: Adults around the globe look to Kimberly-Clark brands for discreet personal care solutions to maintain an active lifestyle. Kimberly-Clark's feminine care brands are trusted by millions of women in more than 100 countries. Our products include Depend, Poise, and Kotex.
Requisition No. 765779
Lead R&E projects and technical resources who provide support to multiple programs within WCPS, specifically serving as the leader of the Capital and Commercialization Team for the Conway facility.
Research and Engineering Development Management, Sector Management, Project Sponsors, Operations, Maintenance and Technical Personnel
Incumbent reports to the Conway Facility Manager. He/she provides technical consulting on a broad range of issues to aid the site and business unit in setting plans and objectives. The individual is expected to work closely with site leadership, staff R&E and WCPS management to ensure that priorities, programs and allocation of resources are consistent with managing capital expenditures and implementing commercialization and infrastructure projects in alignment with business platform priorities. He/she facilitates employee development and innovation to accomplish this scope of work. He/she provides protection to technologies and products through appropriate use of patents and trade secrets.
Normally requires a Bachelor’s degree in a science, engineering or related discipline and 8-15 years industrial experience or another equivalent combination of education and experience.
Also required is a demonstrated evidence of a solid background of technical knowledge and experience combined with the proven ability to successfully direct people and projects.
Site Operating Budget: $126 Million annually (conversion costs)
P&E Budget (Capital): Typically $20-30 Million annual average
Personnel: 10 - 16 team members
- Safety: Implement loss control throughout the organization by visibly demonstrating that safety is embraced as a value. Develop and maintain safety systems in accordance with K-C loss control management and lead their groups to complete safety objectives and ensure a safe and productive work environment. Create and support the environment that removes barriers to success. Follow the Safety Roles & Responsibilities Matrix by holding yourself and all team members accountable to its tenets. Fully comply with corporate loss management policies as well as government safety and health regulations. Support Corporate Drug and Alcohol efforts working with their management team to deal with issues as they arise.
- Design and Development: Provide and manage engineering expertise required to design and develop manufacturing and supporting processes to meet unit objectives. Assist in the development of expense and capital budgets.
- Technical Knowledge: Maintain up-to-date knowledge of incumbent's engineering unit. Maintain a high standard of performance to serve as an example of engineering judgment.
- Security and Documentation: Ensure proprietary information is protected and knowledge is documented so it is recoverable for future use.
- Problem Solving: Manage the recognition, definition and resolution of problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
- Internal Control: Ensure projects/tasks meet unit objectives within applicable Corporate policies. Place emphasis on CFI and Internal Control.
- Communications: Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Human Resources Development: Manage the selection, development and utilization of human resources to meet unit objectives. Maximize internal succession of technical and managerial personnel. Ensure frank, open and timely dialogue with deputies, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
- Quality: Analyze and improve process capability to deliver a reduction in defects and variability. Identify, develop, and provide leadership to improve and implement products, processes, materials, systems, and procedures to achieve business objectives. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Observe all applicable quality procedures and regulations. Perform tasks utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices. Demonstrate an understanding of the Quality Policy and how it affects your job.
- Diversity: Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops, and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve individual and team performance and achieve the desired results.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support outside of country. This role is available for in-country relocation only.
Time TypeFull time
No job matches. Start a new search below!