for the IT Business Partner - R&D/Innovation Manf Products position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
IT Business Partner - R&D/Innovation Manf Products
Roswell - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
IT Business Partner – Product Development/R&D/Corporate Innovation
(Internal Title: IT Business Partner, Research & Engineering)
Role is individual contributor
Location: Roswell, GA
The IT Business Partner, Research & Engineering is responsible for building relationships, and driving IT solutions for K-C’s R&D and Product Innovation teams. As consumers adopt the digital lifestyle, our products and services also need to keep pace. This role will be a key enabler in helping our Research, Engineering, and Science teams as they work with Brand teams to develop products to meet our consumer needs. The role will be accountable for providing digital thought leadership, partnership, direction and guidance to the Innovation Capabilities teams within K-C’s Research & Engineering community to ensure competitive advantage and execution to business goals.
The Business Partner will build and maintain strong relationships with Research & Engineering community representing IT based solutions/tools and guiding new strategies to bring R&D (product development) into the 21st century. Through the engagements with key stakeholders, develop and agree to medium and long term strategic plans and innovation capability roadmaps, ensuring alignment with K-C objectives. He/she will act as a trusted business advisor providing oversight to enable successful delivery of key programs and special projects, while encapsulating demand for new ideas and concepts.
The role requires knowledge of product development lifecycle, research, sciences, and engineering domains. Deep knowledge of the industry, best practices and business processes are key to the success in being a trusted business advisor. This role requires significant interaction, collaboration and influence with senior executives and leaders related to the K-C enterprise, with ability to introduce and incubate key technologies that support product development. Focus areas will include but are not limited to portfolio management, front-end innovation process, open innovation opportunities, Smart Products, Artificial Intelligence, and Product Development Lifecycle. A strong financial acumen and experience building capability or product roadmaps, and influencing delivery is important to role.
- Create and drive the IT strategic plan for the R&E department with focus on Innovation Capabilities through partnership with senior leaders
- Participates as required in development of business strategic planning and IT strategic planning
- Introduce and incubate key technology components that help drive innovation within the K-C R&D process
- Create demand proposals and business cases requiring IT-based solutions ensuring they deliver benefits, which are agreed and signed off by the key stakeholders prior to the project start.
- Proposes new services to business leadership in order to support business needs ensuring compliance with both local regulations and K-C standards & policies
- Partner with IT delivery teams to enable service delivery via a portfolio of applications and projects. Act as an owner, primary point of contact and liaison between IT teams and the business (One stop shop or The face of IT to the business)
- Accountable for IT communication with the respective leadership teams for all aspects of IT, incl. budget, business demand & portfolio, strategies and priorities
- Proactively networks to identify synergies between IT capabilities and business strategy
- Promotes the value of IT and the value of IT projects to business leaders and the business community.
- Ensures that Total Cost of Ownership is taken into account, evaluated and acknowledged both by IT and business leadership before initiatives start
- Tracks ROI for business initiatives including costs, bene?ts, and risks for all projects in functional area and communicates results internally within IT and within broader KC
- Leverage common solutions and innovative technologies
- Establish common objectives across IT Business Partner organization and delivery teams
- Develops, shares, and leverages best practices across IT region and shares with other regions
- Provide a framework for business engagement
- Provide business insights to change management plan and communications defined and executed by Business Analysts
- Manage services provided to business through existing and new technology
- Gathers business needs and gains alignment between business needs and technical capabilities, engaging with Business Analysts and Enterprise Architects
- Captures demand via the agreed process, provides recommendations for prioritization, and oversees program and project initiatives
- Manages business expectations with business stakeholders based on ITS resource availability.
- Ensures that project metrics are used to track value delivery including measurement methods
- Provides details on cost, value, and opportunity to optimize IT spend (initiatives and support services)
- Ensures that appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLA)s are in place based on business needs and capability and resource level of the respective delivery teams.
- Is aware of IT SLAs and communicates to the business as appropriate.
- Promotes business projects and their value to the IT leaders and community
- Where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies and shares this information with leadership team member.
Build and maintain strong relationship with Research & Engineering business leaders representing IT based solutions and guiding new strategies to bring R&D into the 21st Century
- Single point of contact to the business accountable for IT operations, communication, IT spend, business demand & portfolio, setting strategies and priorities, with a C-sat score improvement of 30% in Year 1 (current baseline is 0)
- 60% of time spent building and maintaining relationships, understanding the business, and guiding decisions
- Get IT a seat at the Open Innovation Council through strong relationship building and networking
- Provide digital though leadership, partnership, direction and guidance to the R&E community
Create and drive the IT Business Plan for the R&E Innovation Capabilities and International department to support new revenue growth and reduce costs year on year creating a competitive advantage for the enterprise
- Engage stakeholders to develop and agree to medium and long term plans and capability roadmaps, ensuring alignment with objectives.
- Introduce and incubate key technologies that support product development by proposing $10MM new revenue generation via new ideas/concepts around Smart Products, Artificial Intelligence, and Open Innovation Concepts, and $10MM cost avoidance/cost savings in Product Development, Portfolio and Resource Management system enhancements
- Partner with International R&E team and IT Application & Engineering to identify new ways to reduce year-on-year support and administrative overhead by $3MM, allowing R&E to spend more on product development
Partner with the internal IT functions driving operational excellence via service delivery
- Capture, quantify, and prioritize R&E demand for delivery organization
- Create an environment of One Team concept with shared objectives and goals
- Partner with Architecture and Strategy to establish effective roadmaps
*This is a non manager role.
Education required/ preferred:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8-10 years of experience of working in any of these areas: consulting organizations supporting R&D groups, start-ups, product development lifecycle, front-end innovation, or corporate innovation teams
- Experience in recommending and guiding technology solutions within R&D or product development (PLM or PD) – Product Making/Prototyping – Product Trial Support and Execution
- Strong relationship manager experience
- Experience working in Consumer goods is preferred
- Breadth of experience in project/portfolio management, product lifecycle management, sciences, and engineering
- Experience in strategic decision making and successful influencing on leadership level.
- Financial acumen to support business case creation and measurement
- Experience building and communicating future business plans and capabilities along with being able to provide insights into the technologies required for delivery
- Broad understanding of technologies used in Kimberly-Clark and interested in new technologies and market trends
- Possess strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges
- Self-motivated to keep up with industry trends and disseminating information across the organization
- Experience in bringing diverse teams consisting of employees, vendors, and consultants with both onshore and offshore resources
Role will report to the IT GSMI Senior Manager, Business Partner Research & Engineering/Corporate Innovation.
- R&E global leadership team (VP and Directors)
- Digital Innovation Lab Leaders (Directors and Sr. Managers in NA, APAC and EMEA)
- IT Strategy and Ent
No job matches. Start a new search below!