for the Microbiologist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Maumelle - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
North Atlantic Consumer Products – Product Supply / Maumelle, AR at Kimberly-Clark
Requisition No. 768010
To apply expertise in microbiology in the operation of the facility's microbiological laboratory, and in support of sanitary manufacturing. Serves as a microbiology resource for environmental monitoring, investigation, method transfer/validation, and other special projects as requested.
Customers: Manufacturing Operations; Microbiology Team; Quality Assurance; Suppliers; Purchasing; BCC Staff and Global Quality teams; Planning; Logistics/Distribution; Research; Engineering;
General Expectations and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate safety as a value by performing all job functions safely, while also complying with corporate policies and departmental procedures, in an effort to reduce risk and eliminate loss.
- Manages self in accordance with the expected behaviors of the Leadership Qualities. Effectively achieve results that meet business and individual objectives.
- Ensures activities and items are in compliance with both company quality assurance standards and applicable government regulations, such as GMPs and ISO requirements.
- Ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed as applicable.
- Performs production and quality systems audits.
- Maintain and demonstrate a high degree of knowledge and skill in a product form and quality systems, processes, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain good customer rapport, while driving solutions to meet business needs. Develop and maintain a strong spirit of partnership.
- Conduct all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity. Communicate fully with superiors, teammates, and others who have a need to know.
- Executes continuous improvement activities for established processes and initiates development of new processes.
- Builds and maintains personal capability in QMS, GMPs, and applicable regulation to support objectives.
- Conduct routine Microbiological testing on baby wipes finished product, production materials and water, and specialized testing as required for troubleshooting or as part of an improvement project.
- Conduct all testing and work in conformance with established Good Lab Practices (GLP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Accountable for Micro Team testing/results/record management, including quarterly raw material testing, monthly Operations GMP audits, monthly GLP audits and Good Documentation Practice audits for Micro and Operations Labs, as assigned.
- Accountable for new hire quality training and Microbiology Lab training, certification and annual re-certification, as assigned.
- Prepares and executes Micro Lab test method validations. Prepares and executes cleaning & sanitization validations.
- Supports the facility being regulatory audit-ready by maintaining full compliance to procedures, addressing gaps, and facilitating a timely closure to all assigned investigations and problem-solving activities.
- Provides Applied Microbiology technical expertise and analysis to key customers and project teams.
- Executes assigned continuous improvement activities for established processes, and supports development of new processes. Review, recommend and update procedures as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic audits of operating areas, sanitization procedures and microbiological laboratory activities to assure conformance to standards, and verify effectiveness of training.
- Track, trend, and communicate microbiological data in a timely manner, and in a fashion that compels action.
- Empowered to shut down assets for quality concerns, and empowers site colleagues to do the same.
- Function as the back-up to the Micro Lab team leader, as needed.
The Microbiologist works as a member of the mill Microbiological Laboratory team, applying technical expertise to routine testing, evaluation of data, problem-solving of trends, compliance with applicable procedures and regulation, and support of continuous improvement efforts. The Microbiologist takes work direction from the Quality Manager and Microbiology Lab leader. The role is expected to operate with limited direction for day-to-day tasks.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or a related scientific discipline, with at least 2 years of industrial microbiology lab or sanitarian experience –including food/dairy, cosmetic/OTC drug, pharmaceutical, medical device.
- Understanding of Good Lab Practices, environmental monitoring, and trending of data.
- Excellent Microsoft-based computer skills to complete and update detailed specifications and reports, create pivot tables, etc.
- Core hours 8 AM to 4:30 PM, with flextime as needed. Must be able to flex to support a 7-day operation, as circumstances dictate.
- 4+ years Microbiological Lab Experience in regulated product (food, cosmetic, drug, device) manufacturing setting, with direct involvement in cleaning & sanitization practice development and validation, and validation of lab equipment and test methods.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis software (e.g., Minitab), and/or industry-standard systems such as EtQ and SAP.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support outside of country. This role is available for in-country relocation only.
Time TypeFull time
No job matches. Start a new search below!