for the Trade Marketing Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Trade Marketing Manager
Petaling Jaya - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
The Trade Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for developing and growing Kimberly-Clark’s Consumer Sales business across all categories (Feminine Care, Baby Child Care, Family Care to achieve volume and profit objectives. He/She leads the Category Development Organization in developing, executing and reviewing Category Strategies and Plans that will help Kimberly-Clark and our strategic customers / channels achieve Category objectives through the creation of demand at Point-of-Purchase. He/She will also help position Kimberly-Clark to be recognized as the preferred Category Partner for strategic customers thereby, creating sustained competitive advantage for Kimberly-Clark products in the areas of distribution and merchandising. The Trade Marketing Manager also monitors trade promotion fund in all accounts and product categories.
1. Business Objective Delivery
- Provide inputs on establishment of Budgets and Targets by channel and category(s) for Sales Director approval. Manage total category(s) Trade Promotional Budget and associated budgets to assist in delivering category(s) Operating Profit targets in alignment with country objectives and plans. Utilizing the full suite of business tools & reports (e.g. DMS & BW) and external resources (e.g. AC Nielsen and Dunnhumby) for efficient monitoring & analysis of business results and Trade Promotional Investment to achieve maximum volume returns for responsible category.
- Monitor progress against volume objectives; develop category plans to address variation versus Budgets. Provide country demand forecast as well as communicate variations to plan. Participate in developing long term demand forecast of own area.
- Functionally responsible for developing strategic Category plans in alignment with global strategic objectives, shopper and customer insights to assist in delivering country / regional targets. Participate in development of strategic sales plan in alignment with global strategic objectives to deliver country / regional targets. Take part in developing 5-year strategic plan and other plans to ensure achievement of Market Share objectives. Gain endorsement from country management to 5-year plan and communicate plan to team members.
- Functionally responsible for developing programs and tools to assist the optimization of KC‘s Categories’ Reach and Coverage. Provide inputs to establish calls / day, effective call targets (productive call), work plans. Work with Marketing team on new product developments with regards to product launch, exit, pack counts, top line forecasts (market share, volume) and baseline / incremental forecasts due to in-store promotions.
- Establish priority code lists by customer type, develop standard planograms and ensure alignment with Marketing Plan.
- Provide inputs to develop and implement a “cost-efficient” GT Model.
- Provide inputs to develop Sales forecast process and tools, attain accurate sales forecast. Align customer and KC Supply Chain process / activities where applicable.
3. Channel Management
- Responsibility to develop and implement Integrated Business Planning process; develop and review Category Plans, POP initiatives / materials. Provide inputs to develop and maintain channel profiles. Develop a standard category business plan and review presentation. Provide inputs on Local customer business review presentation and Regional business review development.
- Provide inputs in the development of channel / customer Insights, identification of key knowledge gaps in channel/customer understanding for country, development of plans to address knowledge gaps for country. Provide inputs on key knowledge gaps in channel / customer understanding for region and on plans to address knowledge gaps for region. Recommend country specific channel/customer insights to address market specific needs. Provide inputs for in-country research placement as required as well as research plan and communicate finalized plan.
- Joint-responsibility in developing and reviewing Channel Communication Plan.
- Directionally responsible in developing channel pricing strategy (with appropriate trade competitive response plans) in alignment with Category and Marketing Plans. Monitor competitive price actions plan and recommend changes as appropriate.
4. Organization Development
- Provide inputs in the development of the training and development program curriculum. Participate in the review of the Training Roadmap.
- Participate in full utilization and compliance with KC mandated GPM process for all consumer sales staff (may include third party sales and merchandising teams).
- Provide inputs in the review of Consumer Sales career development structure. Responsible for maintenance of succession plan and individual career plans for own function.
- Functional responsibility in the review of CSK (Competency Skill and Knowledge). Utilize corporate recruitment policy and oversee Trade Marketing manpower planning.
- Participate in the development of plans to select and develop the best leadership talent to achieve KCC Leadership Agenda and the Global Business Plan; plan to drive a high-performance culture through Performance Management and reward practices; and plan to build a talent pipeline that will deliver the Change Roadmap and KCC Leadership Agenda.
- Participate in the development and implementation of interventions towards "ideal Consumer Sales culture", knowledge sharing across Sales organizations. Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of current Sales tools, enabling equipment/software and recommend areas for improvement.
- Participate in the review of the Consumer Sales Organization Structure and Trade Marketing Position Descriptions. Review headcount within own function.
- Participate in the review of the Compensation & Benefits for own function and development of sales incentive principles.
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ work experience is required with 5 years in sales in the FMCG industry.
- A minimum of 3 years of Trade Marketing experience in FMCG industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of Key Account Management experience in FMCG industry.
- Incumbent must have strong competencies with PC-based application, MS Office and MS Access; possess strong communication skills and interpersonal skills; strong analytical skills; and have the ability to perform under pressure
- 1-2 years of Brand Management experience in FMCG industry is preferred.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Primary LocationKuala Lumpur Office
Time TypeFull time
No job matches. Start a new search below!