for the Product Supply Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Product Supply Analyst
Toul Cedex - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
The Product Supply Analyst is an active member of the mill management team, participating in the development and implementation of strategies aimed at improving overall site effectiveness.
The fundamental expectation of the role is to ensure that adequate consideration is given to the financial and / or Internal Control consequences of operational proposals and that alternatives have been reviewed to facilitate profitable long-term decisions.
The Product Supply Analyst provides financial expertise across all functional areas within the mill.
The purpose of the role is to deliver reporting and forecasting, with value-added information, insight and decision support to the mill management team and the sector management team.
To provide on-site day-to-day co-ordination of, and adherence, to the mill Internal Control plan and procedures.
Forecasting and Reporting
- Provide the Weekly cost outlooks, Month-end cost outlook, Month-end Actuals, Quarterly forecasts and Annual plan for the mill, with analysis and interpretation of financial and statistical data to operating management.
- Link with the wider business to provide analysis and input to the Category and Sector Profit forecasts.
- Work with the operations, sector, and Central Accounting teams in order to provide timely and accurate grade cost forecasts for NEW codes or significant specification changes.
- Meet the Local financial reporting requirements (i.e. for non NATO or European standard reports) and assist the mill team in the understanding of the CAUSES of actual financial results.
- Provide timely and accurate decision support, cost analysis, financial advice and counsel to mill management to assist in optimising manufacturing costs and meeting mill objectives
- Apply a range of traditional and new analysis techniques (e.g. sensitivity analysis, breakeven analysis, benchmarking) to situations in order to improve understanding of business issues and inform better business decisions
- Support the objectives of the sector category management team, as an extended member of the category business analysis team. This will support sector business decisions relating to manufacturing such as product improvements and development, promotional activity and lowest cost sourcing.
- Identify and recommend to the role customers, opportunities for improving cost performance of the mill to ensure continuity of a competitive manufacturing facility. Such opportunities may be in the area of cost control, organisation decision, and process optimisation, requiring an understanding of manufacturing processes and the management activities which support them.
- Work with the Central Accounting Team and Mill operations team to investigate unexpected results or adverse trends, and communicate outcomes and suggested corrective actions to the Mill Management Team.
- Translate financial measures into practical operational targets and establish control processes to ensure achievement of these targets.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis (e.g. Property Damage evaluations, Insurance claim preparation, EPDS capital investment file) and any other tasks that are commensurate with the role purpose.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls within the mill finance area of responsibility by the effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies and instructions.
- Utilise knowledge and experience to identify day to day control issues and identify control implications resulting from changing site circumstances. Enlist the support of the Internal Control Specialist to resolve and implement standard best practices
- Approve site internal control procedures / changes and co-ordinate update of control logs.
- Day to day co-ordination of issue resolution and internal control plan updates.
- Participate in local System and Process Developments; evaluating controls and systems process issues and providing input on financials/costs.
Training for non finance team members:
- Design and delivery of training programs to improve the financial awareness of the mill team in order to better understand the financial consequences of operational activities. Such activities may include training in concepts such as fixed and variable costs, cash and non-cash costs and ROIC
- Design and deliver ongoing SAP system training in order to increase the ability of the mill team to extract important data in real-time from the SAP system and improve mill cost control.
Capital Investment Decision Support
- Assist in the preparation and control of the overall mill Capital Project authorisation and spending budget.
- Provide financial expertise in the formation of potential mill and business capital requests, using concepts such as relevant costs, cash and non-cash costs, discounted cash flow and return on invested capital.
- Assist in the preparation of appropriation documents to ensure that such requests identify the business justification as well as the technical proposal
- Provide the formal analysis of project requests and post-completion performance reports utilizing the EPDS capital investment tool.
- Help identify assets to be written off as part of the appropriation process and notify the Central Accounting Team.
Qualifications & Experiences
Educated to undergraduate degree level in a business related subject or newly qualified in a recognised accounting qualification.
This position requires an understanding of general cost accounting principles, strong business intuition, product supply chain process knowledge, depth of knowledge in cost information systems, and strong skills in analysis, communication, collaboration, results orientation, initiative and influence skills.
The incumbent must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be proactive in defining his/her role to the business and ensuring that they are the first point of contact for all decision making support.
The incumbent must also be fluent in English and French in order to communicate with management teams within the mill and sector teams in England.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will not provide support for relocation of the choosen candidate for the role. If necessary, relocation will be at candidate's own expense. However, K-C will provide assistance and financial support to obtain immigration visas and work authorization for the chosen candidate, if needed.
Primary LocationFrance Villey-Saint-Etienne
Time TypeFull time
No job matches. Start a new search below!