for the ITS Analytics Designer - Business Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
ITS Analytics Designer - Business Analyst
Petaling Jaya - Kimberly-Clark Corporation
The Analytics Designer is responsible for developing information access and delivery for analytical reporting solutions for the relevant business capability area and in some cases, cross capability areas.
The role collaborates with Business Analysts, Solution Architects and other IT and business staff to understand the delivery access and presentation requirements. Acess delvery is in the form of front-end analytical tools such as Tableau and Business Objects to name a few.
This role is viewed as an expert in complex analytical reporting solutions, encompassing both business process understanding, technical expertise and advanced concepts in visualization and guided analytic design. Leads in developing innovative, front-end technical solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems. Has strong knowledge in business and technical functions that are touch points with their area of expertise. Provides front-end technical consulting on complex projects.
Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for other team members. Is knowledgeable in industry best practices in their area of expertise and uses resources outside of KC to deliver the front-end technical solutions.
- Lead and/or participate in the effort to define and deliver the strategy and architecture for EMD&A services, products, and capabilities for analytical front-end reporting suite.
- Accountable for providing the front-end analtical reporting design, including the detailed configuration that takes into account how to structure a segment solution based on requirements from the business, global and regional views, as well as the design of standard software configurations
- Delivers front-end solution designs including but not limited to user story, required measures, comparative analystics, recommended tool selection, visuaisation and guided analytical design.
- Provide detailed build estimates to the Solution Architect for front-end development.
- Translates non-functional and functional requirements into front-end analytical solution designs, ensuring solution aligns with business goals and processes, uses and provides enterprise information consistently, integrates effectively with other applications, supports a common application environment and user interaction model.
- Collaborates with other Solution Architects and other BI Designers to make sure that the solution fits within enterprise context
- Work independently to understand business analytics requirements and translate them into solutions that provide optimal user experience, particularly related to FOAK deliveries within business analytics.
- Research the BI industry and vendor releases, with primary focus on front-end reporting and analytics with our strategic vendors:
- Tableau (primary tool)
- SAP BusinessObjects XI 4.x platform and client tools (primary):
- Dashboard Design (Xcelsius)
- Web Intelligence
- BI Launch Pad (InfoView)
- Information Designer (Universe Designer)
- BI Workspaces (Dashboard Builder)
- Analysis, edition for OLAP (Web)
- Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer
- SAP Mobile BI
- SAP Design Studio
- SAP BW (BEx)
- Microsoft BI
- SharePoint (for data consumption/deployment)
- Excel Services
- Performance Point Services
- SQL Reporting Services
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-10 years of continuous experience in software engineering, software development, solution architecture
- Possess strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges
- Self-motivated to keep up with industry trends and disseminating information across the organization
- Experience working with blended teams consisting of employees, vendors, and consultants with both onshore and offshore resources
- Strong Technical leadership of Application Development teams and vendors
- Strong technical knowledge of diverse Business Intelligence tools and solutions.
- Experience collaborating with Business Analysts, Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects and infrastructure engineers to identify, design, and implement Analytical front-end reporting solutions
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies
- Cultivates networking opportunities within the organization
- Broad range of business and IT experiences; Has achieved technical and/or business certification(s).
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
Primary LocationMalaysia - Petaling Jaya
Time TypeFull time
No job matches. Start a new search below!