for the Sales Support Representative position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sales Support Representative
San Diego - RW Smith & Co.
Sales Support Representative
San Diego, CA 92126
Provides customer service to National Account customers by providing ideas, options, and solutions. Works closely with end-users to provide the best solution for their needs while providing a high level of customer service and maximizing the opportunity for TriMark R.W. Smith.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepares/enters quotes, bids, orders, and projects
- Makes business decisions regarding mark-ups, quotes, freight rates and returns/credits (with help of supervisor or manager)
- Provides assistance to customer during bidding process
- Provides updates on projects and orders to customers
- Adheres to contract pricing requirements and verify accuracy during quoting, order entry, etc.
- Researches and issues credits for shortages, returns, and price adjustments
- Maintains good working relationships with customers, co-workers, management and vendors.
- Acts as primary point of contact for assigned accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and to resolve any problems, issues and concerns
- Receives incoming communications via phone, email and fax
- Represents TriMark R.W. Smith in a professional manner in communications to customers, vendors and coworkers
- Handles time sensitive materials and ensure strict confidentiality
- Assists customer with check in of large/opening orders on site or at warehouse as necessary
- Promotes excellence by providing superior service to all accounts and customers
- Acts immediately on complaints by using customer-oriented telephone techniques and providing options and solutions for the customer
- Uses comparative analysis skills to identify appropriate solutions for each customer
- Assimilates large quantities of information to fill customer orders accurately
- Maintains knowledge of product lines and have the ability to explain features, benefits, and technical aspects to all customers – internal and external (full training is provided)
- Tracks inbound shipments, outbound shipments, direct shipments and expedites rush shipments to ensure that orders are processed and delivered in a timely fashion
- Assists with implementing new business, new customer concepts, etc.
- Identifies new opportunities for future sales and improved efficiency and report to supervisor
- Shares accountability for contract compliance and follow procedures to ensure compliance
- Compiles customer account information, documentation, and usage as requested
- Assists Content and Program Specialist in maintenance of customer specific order guides
- Prepares, distributes and/or presents various standard and ad hoc reports; monitor regular report data/results for trends and makes appropriate recommendations or notifications to supervisor or manager
- Provides sales support for the Director of National Accounts and other members of senior sales management as needed
- Provides assistance in sales meeting preparation and planning activities as needed
- Attends various internal and external sales and account meetings as well as training programs in order to remain up to date in the position
- Assists in coordinating the installation, service, and billing of orders to National Account Customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
Traits and Characteristics that will predict success in the position:
- Service Oriented Attitude- Must provide excellent customer service to customers (internal and external) by providing product ideas and solutions
- Communication Skills- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to customers, vendors and coworkers (verbal and written)
- Organization- Utilizes available tools and resources to prioritize and strategize workload without letting tasks fall through the cracks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conversational phone skills and experience dealing with customers.
- Solid knowledge of basic math principals/functions.
- Solid understanding of proper grammar usage, sentence structure with average (or above average) spelling skills
- Ability to think on your feet and respond quickly, as well as, reprioritize to meet ever changing needs.
- Flexible, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Basic business math skills required
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Working knowledge and experience within the following Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Basic PC proficiency utilizing Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 operating system(s)
- Ability to learn, become proficient with and maneuver within various order processing and tracking systems.
- Some experience with basic business writing.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prior use of ERP, order entry systems, or systems used to key and track orders and to find and price products.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; or,
- For applicants without a Bachelor’s degree, applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED and one or more years’ experience in a customer service position.
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail and organized
- Experience within the hospitality or food service field, with working knowledge of food service, back of the house and front of the house supplies.
- Sales/Call Center/Phone support role, supporting external and internal customers with multiple product lines.
- Prior experience with vendors, manufacturers, or buyers/purchasing agents a plus.
- Experience in distribution environments a plus.
About the Company:
TriMark R.W. Smith was established in San Diego in 1935 as a wholesale food service equipment and supply distributor serving San Diego County. Currently, we have three distinct business lines including a full-service turnkey supplier of food service equipment/supplies; a commercial kitchen contract design division and a custom design/fabrication of controlled environment rooms.
Our Benefit Package:
Our total compensation package includes market competitive base salaries; bonus programs; and, employee benefits, which are available the first of the month following 2 months of consecutive full-time employment. Our paid time off program includes two weeks of paid vacation, 56 hours of paid sick leave and eight paid holidays for full-time employees working 40 hours/week. Additionally, TriMark R.W. Smith offers medical insurance with prescription drug coverage; voluntary dental, vision and life insurance programs; and 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage. Full time employee are also eligible to participate in the Section 125 pre-tax premium plan, health care/dependent care spending accounts; health savings accounts (when paired with a high deductible health plan); and, our 401(k) retirement savings plan.
TriMark R.W. Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
TriMark R.W. Smith participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. See the E-Verify notice in English or Español.
TriMark R.W. Smith will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com .
Only local applicants will be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not covered by TriMark R.W. Smith. Employment with TriMark R.W. Smith may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen
No job matches. Start a new search below!