San Diego - RW Smith & Co.
San Diego, CA 92126
Under general direction, procure goods and services typically involving moderate financial commitments or technical complexities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manages inventory for the right product mix and maintaining >98% fill rate accuracy in our two distribution centers using our Infor Distribution SX system.
- Develop an understanding of Buyer Order Control parameters to ensure data is correct and drives proper stock levels.
- Manages supplier relations and resolution of open issues.
- Employing value analysis techniques to assure lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- Execute timely, independent decisions and determine appropriate course of action based upon best practice and customer requirements.
- Manages purchase orders, analyzes and adjusts to optimize profit, negotiates prices and other terms, manages delivery, approves payment, reconciles discrepancies and maintains necessary records.
- Supports sales team with requests involving product information, PO’s, Vendor terms and conditions, delivery, B/O’s, Air freight quotes, Deviated pricing/Supplier Bill backs.
- Maintains accurate pricing, price changes/increases in our Infor Distribution SX system communicating changes as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermediate analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of material flow and requirements planning (MRP); order points, lead-time, safety stock.
- Knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- Ability and desire to be a self-starter.
- Familiar with root cause analysis/total cost of ownership (TCO), analysis concepts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic fast-paced work environment and make independent decisions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook. Good working knowledge of Adobe / Nitro Pro, Explorer, Inventory software; electronic timekeeping procedures/software and Internet browsers.
- Infor Distribution SX order management/inventory control software a big plus.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school and (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university.
- Two (2) years purchasing related experience.
About the Company:
TriMark R.W. Smith was established in San Diego in 1935 as a wholesale food service equipment and supply distributor serving San Diego County. Currently, we have three distinct business lines including a full-service turnkey supplier of food service equipment/supplies; a commercial kitchen contract design division and a custom design/fabrication of controlled environment rooms.
Our Benefits Package:
Our total compensation package includes market competitive base salaries; bonus programs; and, employee benefits, which are available the first of the month following 2 months of consecutive full-time employment. Our paid time off program includes two weeks of paid vacation, 56 hours of paid sick leave and eight paid holidays. Additionally, TriMark R.W. Smith offers medical insurance with prescription drug coverage; voluntary dental, vision and life insurance programs; and 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage. Full time employee are also eligible to participate in the Section 125 pre-tax premium plan, health care/dependent care spending accounts; health savings accounts (when paired with a high deductible health plan); and our 401(k) retirement savings plan.
TriMark R.W. Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
TriMark R.W. Smith participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. See the E-Verify notice in English or Español .
TriMark R.W. Smith will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only local applicants will be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not covered by TriMark R.W. Smith. Employment with TriMark R.W. Smith may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and a background investigation. We provide a smoke-free and drug-free work environment. Third-party recruiters and agencies without a current signed contract should not respond to this posting .
No job matches. Start a new search below!