for the Toxicology Team Lead (Vancouver) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Toxicology Team Lead (Vancouver)
Vancouver - ERM West Inc
ERM is seeking a Toxicology Team Lead to join our Impact Assessment practice in Vancouver, BC on a permanent full-time basis. Other Canadian ERM offices (e.g., Victoria, Calgary, Saskatoon, and Toronto) would also be possible locations. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the successful candidate will be involved in conducting or overseeing human health and ecological risk assessment to support environmental assessment or environmental impact studies for large mining, energy, or infrastructure projects. Your role may also extend into contaminated sites investigation, risk assessment, and remediation. You are a well-organized, disciplined, and enthusiastic professional with a strong analytical background interested in joining a growing group of similar individuals to support our key clients throughout Canada and beyond.
- Manage and provide technical expertise on human health and/or ecological risk assessments, ideally in support of environmental assessment of large natural resource projects or contaminated sites, using both measured environmental data and predictive models to estimate risk.
- Provide mentor junior/intermediate staff and participate in resourcing decisions.
- Prepare for and participate in project-based community meetings and interact with regulators on behalf of clients.
- Prepare written reports and provide senior review of reports and documents.
- Oversee multiple projects within client’s scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Coordinate with ERM offices in North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe regions on national and international project delivery.
- Prepare technical scopes and cost estimates in support of larger proposal efforts to grow ERM’s business in British Columbia and throughout Canada
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- A Master’s or PhD (preferred) degree in toxicology or a closely related discipline.
- Professional registration or eligibility for registration in BC is required.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of direct experience in risk assessment (human health or ecological), ideally in support of environmental assessment of large natural resource projects or contaminated sites, using both measured environmental data and predictive models to estimate risk.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal environmental regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Demonstrably strong writing and communication skills, experience delivering successful presentations, and ability to explain complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to travel to client project sites or to attend meetings, and work extended hours if necessary.
- Time management skills; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and stick to budgets in a demanding and fast-paced work environment.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
No job matches. Start a new search below!