for the Sales Forecast Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sales Forecast Analyst
Sacramento - Blue Diamond Growers
In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:?
- To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
- To communicate directly and honestly; and
- To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other - the word "family" is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California - the state that provides over 80% of the world's supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. Our work style is team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamond's unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
You'll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
The primary role of the Sales Forecast Analyst – Global Consumer Division is to ensure a rolling 12 to 18 + month forecast is developed, reviewed, published and adjusted as needed by partnering with sales, marketing, finance and supply chain. The Sales Forecast Analyst will manage a portfolio of approximately 250-300 SKUs and will develop a forecast by using insights such as promotional plans, distribution changes, shipment history, competitor activities, price changes and marketing plans.
• Develop and maintain monthly sales forecast by SKU in the Outperform System utilizing promotional plans, distribution changes, shipment history, competitor activities and marketing plans.
•Conduct monthly root cause analysis of forecast error and identify corrective actions – effectively communicate this information to sales, marketing, finance and supply chain.
•Work closely with Field Sales to evaluate customer performance, promotional activity, new item distribution and discontinued products and incorporate into monthly forecasts
•Work with cross-functional partners on projects such has new product launches, obsolescence (SKU rationalization) and transitions to evaluation assumptions – new product forecast, pipeline fill and cannibalization.
•Collaborate with marketing, sales and finance on advertising and promotional plans and evaluate against performance from similar historical activities.
•Work with Marketing and Sales to develop Annual (AOP), LE 1 and LE 2 forecasts by major brand at the customer level.
•Make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
•Partner with supply planning to understand supply chain implications of forecast changes.
Minimum level of education required
- Bachelor's Degree
Minimum number of years of experience required in addition to education.
- 3-5 years
Required type(s) of functional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of combined experience in sales forecasting, demand planning, sales and/or supply chain.
- Experience in CPG industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, specific software experience, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ work or education in logistics, forecasting/demand planning, supply planning or supply chain related areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally across all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Comfortable managing large amounts of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Forecasting or manufacturing systems experience preferred
- Preferred SAP experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
?Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
?Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!