for the Quality Assurance Coordinator position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Quality Assurance Coordinator
Sacramento - Blue Diamond Growers
In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:?
- To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
- To communicate directly and honestly.
- To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other - the word "family" is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California - the state that provides over 80% of the world's supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. Our work style is team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamond's unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
You'll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
?Blue Diamond Growers (BDG)? ?is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Coordinator to join our team.
Under the guidance of the Corporate QA Manager, this individual is responsible for maintaining documentation associated with Blue Diamond Growers’ Food Safety and Food Quality programs. The QA Coordinator provides support to Quality Assurance and Sales relating to specifications, certificates and other supporting documents.
- Responds to QA documentation requests from Sales and Industrial customers, including but not limited to HACCP, certificates, nutritional and allergen statements, specifications, GMO/MSDS statements, quality and food safety surveys, etc. Assists in maintaining customer files.
- Runs statistical reports on Quality Control data from BDG systems as directed by QA Manager and to support Sales/Marketing requirements for information.Provides routine reports on the status of the Program.
- Maintains specification database, including review of customer specifications and upload of supporting documents into document control system.Drafts and revises product specifications as directed.
- Maintains Quality Assurance documentation as required in on-line third party systems including iCiX, Qadex, TraceGains and others as directed.
- Maintains and supports Blue Diamond’s quality objectives and goals.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor including Quality Assurance and Food Safety internal audits as needed.
Minimum level of education required
- B.S. or B.A. degree required; Science related field, preferred
Minimum number of year(s) of experience required in addition to education plus type(s) of functional experience
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience required; documentation management, customer service and QA experience preferred.
Other required type(s) of functional experience (e.g. Production/Operations, Accounting, Forklift Operator, Inventory Control, etc.)
- Understanding of QA systems preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Work consists of a variety of tasks requiring independent judgment and problem solving skills.
- Must have ability to work independently and with limited instructions.
- Able to read and follow written and verbal guidelines/procedures.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have advanced computer skills including Windows and MS Office products.
- The position requires the ability to define problems, evaluate potential solutions and provide recommendations for approval.
- Must also be able to learn BDG systems including QA database, SAP, etc.
- Overtime as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position.
- Will have some tasks assigned that will require working in a manufacturing environment.
- Mostly office with some duties in the manufacturing areas.
- General office equipment
- May require the use of general laboratory equipment for special projects.
?Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
?Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!