for the Certified Welding Inspector (Temporary) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Certified Welding Inspector (Temporary)
Baton Rouge - Intertek
Job Title: Certified Welding Inspector (Temporary)
Job Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Intertek provides non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding services for a diverse range of industries. We help our customers ensure the reliability and safety of their products, equipment, or plant assets with our world-class services in non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding quality. We understand the processes involved throughout the entire product cycle - from design and manufacture to operation and maintenance - and the frequent need for rapid turnaround times. Our services can support production processes, quality control, and regulatory compliance as well as new construction, pipelines, plant maintenance and scheduled shutdown inspection.
We are looking for a Certified Welding Inspector for a short-term (one month) position in Baton Rouge, LA. Locals only, as no per diem will be paid. This position will be responsible for monitoring the execution of welding in progress as it relates to welding processes, to ensure that it complies with applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements. 5 or more years of experience preferred.
• Check and perform calculations relative to the welding procedures, such as those included in the following:
• Joint efficiencies.
• Pressure/hydro testing.
• Impact testing.
• Weld size for attachment welds at openings.
• Nozzle reinforcement.
• Welding procedure and qualification evaluation.
• Inspection personnel should be familiar with non-destructive examination, including:
• Radiographic examination.
• Liquid penetrant examination.
• Magnetic Particle examination (Yoke and Prod techniques).
• Ultrasonic thickness measurement.
• Adopt an Intertek "Marketing and Sales" attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contact interactions.
• Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, with at least 5 years of experience as a Certified Welding Inspector.
• Must be able to work in an industrial plant environment.
• Must possess an active TWIC card, OSHA card, and valid Driver's License.
• Must currently be certified as a Certified Welding Inspector.
• Must demonstrate the ability to read the equivalent of the size and letters of the Jaeger II chart at a minimum distance of 12 inches and distinguish and differentiate the contrasts between colors illustrated on an Ishihara Test Chart.
• Must be able to climb ladders/platforms to heights of 225 feet, in increments of up to 40 feet at one time. Any fear of heights (acrophobia) should be identified.
• Inspection personnel performing work on elevated piping must be capable of wearing the required fall protection equipment.
• Must be physically capable of crawling in and out of small manways, climb inside vessels, towers, heaters, or other confined spaces for inspection activities, often wearing Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) as required to comply with safety regulations. Any fear of closeness (claustrophobia) should be identified.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Inspection personnel are required to work in environmental conditions, both inside and outside. Inspection personnel may be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of more than (1) hour) or to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of more than (1) hour).
• Must possess fundamental written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be fluent (written and verbal) in the English language.
• Computer skills, especially familiarity with MS Office applications, are necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!