for the Civil Inspector position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Baton Rouge - Intertek
Job Title: Civil Inspector
Job Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Intertek provides non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding services for a diverse range of industries. We help our customers ensure the reliability and safety of their products, equipment, or plant assets with our world-class services in non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding quality. We understand the processes involved throughout the entire product cycle - from design and manufacture to operation and maintenance - and the frequent need for rapid turnaround times. Our services can support production processes, quality control, and regulatory compliance as well as new construction, pipelines, plant maintenance and scheduled shutdown inspection.
We are seeking an experienced Civil Inspector to work onsite at one of our client facilities. To ensure the reliability and integrity of civil/structural assets at the Norco Manufacturing Complex, a Civil Inspection Program has been established within the Pressure Equipment Integrity (PEI) organization. The Civil Inspector, with the guidance of the site's Lead Civil Engineer, will carry out or coordinate all inspections as defined by the Program. The primary role of the Civil Inspector is to guard civil asset technical integrity and operational availability by planning and executing civil inspections as defined by the PEI procedure 2.16 "Inspection of Civil Assets".
• Work with the site's Lead Civil Engineer to manage the civil discipline's financial interest in the annual budgets that PEI directly controls or indirectly influences.
• Provide Quality Assurance for ongoing civil repairs.
• Conduct field inspections required by the program. These inspections will include but will not be limited to the following: bridges, steel structures, piperacks, concrete structures, equipment foundations, fireproofing, and other miscellaneous civil items.
• Create detailed reports capturing the condition of the civil asset at the time of inspection.
• Create work packages, aka CAIRs (Corrective Action Inspection Requests), for civil assets which do not meet their functional requirements.
• Oversee and coordinate 3rd party inspections of special civil equipment such as cooling water towers and wharf structures.
• Maintain inspection program documentation in the web-based Inspection Management System (w-IMS) software tool.
A qualified Inspector shall meet one or more of the following:
• A non-registered Civil/Structural Engineer working under the direct supervision of an experienced and registered Civil/Structural Engineer.
• A Design Technician with a minimum of 10 years of experience in design and maintenance of industrial plants, working under the direct supervision of an experienced and registered Civil/Structural Engineer.
• A Civil Construction Inspector with a minimum of 10 years of experience in construction and maintenance of industrial plants, working under the direct supervision of an experienced and registered Civil/Structural Engineer.
General Knowledge & Skill Set Requirements:
• Knowledge in most or all of the following codes, standards and guidelines: ACI, AISC, ASCE, ASTM, OSHA, NFPA, API (620, 650, 653), AREMA (American Railway Engineering & Maintenance-of-Way Association), LSSRB (Louisiana Standard Specifications for Roads & Bridges), ASME B30 (Safety Standards for Monorails & Cranes).
• The ability to balance and prioritize competing activities.
• The ability to design and generate computer aided and/or hand sketches for repair of civil assets.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the site's Lead Civil Engineer, Shell's maintenance group, and other 3rd party contractors to assure effective implementation of civil related inspections and repairs.
• Ability to build effective relationships with external and internal partners.
• Effectively "leverage in" key learnings and Subject Matter Expert support when required.
• Firm understanding of Shell DEP's (Design Engineering Practice) civil related specifications, standards, strategies, philosophies, Loss Prevention Principles, procedures, and work processes is a plus.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!