for the Mechanical/Piping Designer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Baton Rouge - Intertek
Job Title: Mechanical/Piping Designer
Job Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Intertek provides non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding services for a diverse range of industries. We help our customers ensure the reliability and safety of their products, equipment, or plant assets with our world-class services in non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding quality. We understand the processes involved throughout the entire product cycle - from design and manufacture to operation and maintenance - and the frequent need for rapid turnaround times. Our services can support production processes, quality control, and regulatory compliance as well as new construction, pipelines, plant maintenance and scheduled shutdown inspection.
We are seeking a well-qualified Mechanical/Piping Designer with drafting experience for a position in the Honeywell facility. This position is responsible for data entry into client provided computer applications. Experience in design and drafting of piping isometrics and Piping and Instrument Diagrams is required.
• Enter the results of inspection or other activities into the facility secured computer through provided specialized software.
• Design and drafting of piping isometrics and Piping and Instrument Diagrams using AutoCAD or another computer graphic software.
• Ensure that the data entered into the site application is accurate, timely, and of the highest quality.
• Adopt an Intertek "Marketing and Sales" attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contact interactions.
• Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, with at least 2 years of experience in supporting inspection activities required.
• Completion of data entry certificate or schooling preferred.
• Must possess fundamental written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be fluent (written and verbal) in the English language.
• Computer skills, especially familiarity with MS Office applications, are necessary.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!