for the NDT Level I Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
NDT Level I Technician
Longview - Intertek
Job Title: NDT Level I Technician
Job Location: Longview, Texas
Intertek provides non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding services for a diverse range of industries. We help our customers ensure the reliability and safety of their products, equipment, or plant assets with our world-class services in non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding quality. We understand the processes involved throughout the entire product cycle - from design and manufacture to operation and maintenance - and the frequent need for rapid turnaround times. Our services can support production processes, quality control, and regulatory compliance as well as new construction, pipelines, plant maintenance and scheduled shutdown inspection.
This position is responsible for performing assigned inspection activities to ensure that an object, material, or system complies with applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements.
• Radiographic Testing Film Interpretation (RTFI): Applicable to film interpretation of radiographs, evaluation of the radiographic method, and overall evaluation of radiographic film to applicable codes and standards acceptance criteria.
• Set up and calibrate equipment and interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
• Should be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified, and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on the job training and guidance as a trainee from NDT Level II personnel.
• Adopt an Intertek "Marketing and Sales" attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contact interactions.
• Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars to achieve Level II certifications and beyond.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, with at least 1 month of inspection related experience.
• Must be qualified and certified in one or more of the following NDT methods that will be utilized.
• Must have passed the radiographic examination.
• 1 year of college in a technical or engineering related discipline from a university, college, or technical school, with 3 months of inspection related experience, OR
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science from a university or accredited college, with 1 year of inspection related experience.
• Must demonstrate the ability to read the equivalent of the size and letters of the Jaeger II chart at a minimum distance of 12 inches and distinguish and differentiate the contrasts between colors illustrated on an Ishihara Test Chart.
• Must be able to climb ladders/platforms to heights of 225 feet, in increments of up to 40 feet at one time. Any fear of heights (acrophobia) should be identified.
• Inspection personnel performing work on elevated piping must be capable of wearing the required fall protection equipment.
• Must be physically capable of crawling in and out of small manways, climb inside vessels, towers, heaters, or other confined spaces for inspection activities, often wearing Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) as required to comply with safety regulations. Any fear of closeness (claustrophobia) should be identified.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Inspection personnel are required to work in environmental conditions, both inside and outside. Inspection personnel may be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of more than (1) hour) or to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of more than (1) hour).
• Must possess fundamental written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be fluent (written and verbal) in the English language.
• Computer skills, especially familiarity with MS Office applications, are necessary.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!