for the IT Database Security Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
IT Database Security Specialist
St. Louis - Emerson Electric Co
Description The IT Database Security Specialist is responsible for implementing security systems that will provide detection, prevention, containment, and deterrence mechanisms to protect and maintain the integrity of databases and related applications. This role will research latest best practices, make recommendations and assist in implementation of security measures for Oracle and SQL Server databases and the associated applications to ensure the highest level of security available. PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficient with Database Security, features and utilities (Database Vault, Directory Services, Audit Vault, Database firewall, Advanced security option, Oracle Identity and access Management, SQL Server Configuration Manager, etc.), combining the knowledge of these tools with technology roadmaps and implementation plans to move Emerson into a sustainable maturity model for database security.
- Utilize exceptional knowledge of securing applications running on Oracle and SQL server databases to create implementation plans, ensuring successful completion of those plans.
- Develop compliance reports and perform auditing at higher levels.
- Create OEM alerts and reports that provide notifications for EBS, Oracle and SQL server Databases.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of database security to create implementation plans, ensuring successful completion of those plans in a timeline manner that maintains current, recommended levels of protection.
- Communicate strategy and progress to stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Work with Audit teams and network security teams on needed basis.
- Conduct annual security reviews of new and existing systems.
- Develop policies and procedures to provide governance for database/application security
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
No job matches. Start a new search below!