for the Buyer/Planner position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Minneapolis - Emerson Electric Co
To purchase components and services required by Tescom. Selects suppliers for those goods and services within established total quality standards. Assures coordinated efforts in purchasing group by uniform processes, procedures and supplier relations. Manage supplier relationships.Responsibilities
- Sourcing - Locates sources for critical materials, parts and services. Supplier selection process to be in conformance with division supplier certification policy. Negotiates supplier contracts to minimize overall investment while supporting Tescom’s need.
- Procurement – Performs the following procurement functions:
- Purchase Orders – Issues purchase orders to qualified suppliers selected for their capabilities to meet Tescom’s needs.
- Accurate Database – Assures accurate database by current cost, changes to accounting, quotations, supplier history, and supplier lead-times.
- Expedite Orders – Expedites at any point in the order and manufacturing process to the degree required to meet the customers requirements and communicates situations that will impact delivery.
- Assure Availability – Assures material availability to support the manufacturing process by placing sub-contract orders and purchase orders to qualified suppliers in response to MRP action notices.
- Discrepant Material & Certification Requirements – Coordinates discrepant material and certification requirements consistent with policy and delivery schedules.
- Achieve Cost Reductions – Investigates new methods or products that could benefit cost reduction and product design/redesign.
- Supplier Liaison – Performs supplier liaison functions.
- Negotiating - Negotiates contracts to meet Quality requirements (includes cost delivery and certification requirements).
- Supplier Management – Follow-up with suppliers as necessary, to resolve delivery problems, cost changes, or quality issues.
- Maintain Files - Maintains accurate files on supplier lead times, part costs, and quotations.
- Monitor Supplier Performance – Monitors supplier lead-times, on-time delivery, and quality performance.
- Communication – Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to communicate using various types of software (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel). Must be comfortable communicating at all levels of organizations here at Tescom and at the supplier.
- Customer Service – Consistently works towards a 100% customer service level goal.
- Satisfy Customer Demand - Works with Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing to satisfy customer demand.
- Participate on Teams - Actively participates on cross-function teams.
- Advise Management – Advises management of pending supplier strikes, material shortages, capacity constraints or other trends that may affect procurement or profitability of Tescom.
No job matches. Start a new search below!