for the Account Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Minneapolis - Emerson Electric Co
DescriptionPerforms a variety of accounts receivable functions. Collections activity focused on a portfolio of strategic accounts having significant receivable exposure with complex issues. Contacts internal and external customers to obtain needed information and /or documents. Works with minimal supervision. Responsibilities
- Adheres to and supports company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and monitors trade, strategic, project or local business partner accounts within an assigned portfolio.
- Contacts customers regarding outstanding invoices, delinquent accounts, and the verification of customer data.
- May research disputed delinquent account balances and recommend accounts that need escalated collection efforts with the goal of reducing past due dollars.
- Negotiates with customers to obtain payment commitments, account payment plans or balance settlements within approved limits.
- Uses multiple systems for customer contact regarding balances owed, tracking, information gathering, research and entering documentation of communication with customer.
- Answers inquiries and resolves complex problems.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Actively participates and communicates in team based work group.
- May prepare, control and distribute reports for internal and external reporting.
- Researches and initiates accounts receivable transactions within approved authority levels.
- Performs clerical duties related to accounts receivable/collections.
- Routinely exercises limited independent judgment and discretion in handling various functional scenarios where the decision will have an impact on internal/external customers.
- May provide division specific, system or software training for new hires.
- Participates and/or leads continuous improvement activities.
- May act as a mentor or liaison for other departmental employees.
- May be responsible for publishing information or reports to departmental website or Sharepoint site.
- May provide input and test data for system design and development.
- May conduct meetings in the absence of the Collection Supervisor.
- May assist in the integration of new businesses into Customer Financial Services.
- Performs miscellaneous special tasks as required by supervisor or management.
No job matches. Start a new search below!