for the Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Steel position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Steel
St. Louis - Emerson Electric Co
Will be responsiblefor the strategic development, implementation and continuous improvement of acompetitive supply chain related to assigned commodities working via a team ofcommodity managers from the business units in a matrix organization. The selected candidate must be capable ofeffectively communicating the Steel strategy for Steel Long Products withcommodity managers, Business Unit management and Corporate Management. This role will manage steel suppliers anddrive efficiency and cost improvements by developing our supply and knowledgebases and developing relationships with suppliers in the steel market.
- Initiates, develops and executes strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of preferred supplier partners.
- Work with related operational areas to gain an excellent understanding of commodity applications in various operations
- Assume a leadership role in developing strong supplier relationships (one Emerson voice) that includes such things as:
- Develop supplier plans and goals that drive continuous improvement.
- Manufacturing, inventory and capacity planning.
- Global deployment and Support to Emerson as one company.
- Maintain an excellent communication and rapport with each business unit concerning ongoing use of assigned commodities and needs for current and future discussions/negotiations with supply base.
- Negotiate and manage key strategic supplier contracts and relationships.
- Work closely with suppliers to drive Supply Chain Speed improvements through improved lead-times and quick turnarounds in delivery to support customer service objectives.
- Identify, coordinate, and track implementation of e-sourcing events.
- Clearly present progress towards regional goals to core team and management.
- Conduct Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
- Create alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans.
- Ensure supply continuity
- Estimated at 15% to 25%, domestic and international
No job matches. Start a new search below!