for the Metal Finisher - 2nd Shift position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Metal Finisher - 2nd Shift
Minneapolis - Emerson Electric Co
DescriptionTo perform all required operations to process product components through a variety of chemical processes with a high degree of quality and finish expectations to satisfy customer requirements. Responsibilities
- Metal Cleaning Equipment - Routinely utilizes a variety of metal cleaning equipment such as ultrasonic tanks, internal/external electro-polishing, passivation tanks, and various soap and rinse tanks.
- Processes and Procedures - Ensures that metal finishing processes and procedures are complied with in order to produce acceptable quality finishes on various metals, maintain records, utilize test equipment to maintain appropriate chemical balances, temperatures, cleanliness, and ensure a quality finish on materials. Performs routine maintenance on metal finishing equipment to include the neutralization equipment and the RO system.
- Weld Prep and Weld Clean - Performs internal EP/PEP, and internal and external weld clean according to work instructions and performs the necessary OSI using sight pipes, fiber optics, and light sources.
- Productivity and Efficiency - Seeks and recommends ways to eliminate potential quality problems, to improve procedures and methods, to increase department and division productivity utilizing TQ problem solving techniques, including SPC, in daily work assignments. Understands the work flow of the area in order to move the products in a continuous fashion, while maintaining the quality of the product and being productive in order to adhere to required ship dates.
- Special Handling - Ensures special handling requirements are followed and delicate handling of components takes place as specified.
- Materials and Safety - Ensures that proper procedures are adhered to when storing, handling, and disposing of hazardous materials. Ensures that safe work procedures are followed and proper safety equipment is used when required.
- Process Improvement - Communicates and supports the "Cell" team and continuous improvement concepts by suggesting changes/improvements of set-ups and work instructions. Assists in creation and control of these work instructions in accordance with the Process Change/Control policy.
- Waste Management - Is responsible for assuring that all requirements regarding the collection, storage, handling, disposal, recycling and shipping of waste are conformed within accordance with the written Waste Management Operating Procedures, EPA requirements and Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA).
- Apparent or Assigned - Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
No job matches. Start a new search below!