for the Machinist - 2nd Shift position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Machinist - 2nd Shift
Minneapolis - Emerson Electric Co
Additional Information2nd Shift Schedule: Monday through Thursday 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.
1. Production Equipment - Sets-up and runs, with minimal supervision, a variety of machines to include: vertical mills, production porting, grinders, deburring, and cleaning equipment. Runs manual lathes, chuckers, and other production equipment with supervision, and has a general knowledge of CNC and NC controlled equipment and how they operate.
2. Programming - With close supervision, edits, cuts and pastes programs from existing programs or common routines and programming tools loaded into PC's. Completes all supporting documentation to insure compliance with Tescom's quality system and communicates the changes to management, other machinists, other shifts and support personnel as needed to insure consistency.
3. Set-Up - Performs set-ups with minimal supervision on manual machines within an acceptable time frame following documented processes and procedures. Works from programming operational data and set-up instructions defining tool arrangements, work holding methods and setting of tools. Completes all supporting documentation to insure compliance with Tescom's quality system.
4. Operate and Adjust - Produces product on CNC or manual machines to meet or exceed the requirements of department standards. Documents and communicates any inconsistencies or changes of standard run times to support personnel through the use of process change forms.
5. Care of Equipment and Cleanliness - Exercises proper care of Tescom equipment.
6. Process Improvement - Supports the efforts of total quality and process improvement by recommending methods, equipment, techniques and other changes to improve machine shop operations through active participation in Process Improvement Teams or meetings. Assists in documentation and control of processes in accordance with process change/control policy.
7. Safety - Performs work in a safe manner by following all safety rules, and insuring safety guards are in place on all machines worked with.
8. Quality Functions - Performs quality functions according to Quality Assurance department processes. Performs inspections of product using a wide variety of inspection devices such as surface finish measuring, workmanship standards and handheld measuring equipment. Completes operator self-inspection and records data. Ability to use SPC data collection forms and any other supporting documentation required. Complies with SOP's and work instructions.
No job matches. Start a new search below!