for the Rosemount Field Service Technician (Chicago) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Rosemount Field Service Technician (Chicago)
Chicago - Emerson Electric Co
Position Summary:The Rosemount Service Technician role is responsible for overall support of our customer’s instrumentation installed base to ensure customer’s expectations are met and exceeded to the highest level of professionalism. The individual in this position is responsible for a variety of duties within a defined territory, both at the service center and on-site at customer locations. They will be required to manage the service needs of the installed base by developing and executing a territory plan to achieve targets, attain success and promote growth. They will report on the performance measures towards goals within their defined territory. Ideal location is the Chicago Illinois areas.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical assistance on Rosemount products and process applications to customers.
- Provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, calibration, and start-up and commissioning services.
- Provide support of local installed base and recommend approaches on repair, replace and upgrades.
- Provide informal and on-the-job customer training.
- Create and execute an annual Service territory plan in coordination with local Sales and Service Business Development Team
- Effectively communicates customer needs and opportunities.
- Develops effective tactics and strategies to support customer needs.
- Execute tactics and strategies to improve customer satisfaction and service growth.
- Report performance measures towards goals.
- Full understanding of available service programs.
- Effectively utilizes technical skills and abilities to advance relationships with Sales and customers.
- Proper completion of all required reports, certificates, and relevant documents.
- Use of the Acclivus R3 dialogue process.
- Associates Degree in related field plus 2 years work experience or 5 years minimum work experience.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written to communicate effectively with all contacts.
- Knowledge of basic electronic and mechanical schematics.
- Ability to develop high-level knowledge of all Rosemount devices.
- Understanding of a business to business service environment.
- Ability to promote the value of service and service contracts.
- Ability to work in high pressure environments and to work effectively within a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work in all climates.
- Manual dexterity work.
- Medically qualified for respirator use.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from elevated platforms.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Repeated lifting, bending, and stopping.
- 50% - 75% travel.
No job matches. Start a new search below!