for the Provider Portal Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Provider Portal Analyst
Fountain Valley - Memorial Health Services
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Provider Portal Analyst is responsible for monitoring network provider portals and provider databases in order to maintain accurate provider information. The Provider Portal Analyst is also responsible for ongoing education of portal functionality to external provider offices as well as resolving portal related issues. The Provider Portal Analyst works directly with departments such as IT, Contracting on process/workflow analysis, design, development, maintenance and enhancement of portal applications and works directly with the Provider Relation Representatives for rollout to network providers.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
- Responsible for monitoring network provider portals and provider databases, researching and submitting requests to the IS Department to update provider information which includes but is not limited to: demographic information; leveling; preference lists and billing information as well as submitting change requests on an as needed basis.
- Coordinates technical tasks and utilizes technical applications to provide input and support for process/workflow analysis, design, development, maintenance and enhancement of portal applications.
- Responsible for participating in the integration, testing and maintenance of the provider portals.
- Assists provider offices with portal registration, password resets, issues, ongoing training and questions.
- Coordinates ongoing provider portal meetings, collects topics for discussion and prepares the agendas.
- Works with management team to prepare communications regarding portal changes, updates and rollout of new functionality to portal registrants.
- Resolves system issues by working with internal departments such as IS and the Utilization Management department.
- Provides both technical and clerical assistance to facilitate effective and efficient operation of the provider portals.
- Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience
- Minimum of five years healthcare experience working in a managed care or an information system setting is required.
- Epic or equivalent Managed Care electronic medical record system and provider portal applications knowledge preferred.
- Experience with various healthcare industry regulatory agencies and requirements including but not limited to CMS, NCQA, DMHC, ICE, DHCS, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Access is also preferred.
Education / Licensure / Certification
High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field preferred.
No job matches. Start a new search below!