for the Clinical Pharmacist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Fountain Valley - Memorial Health Services
Responsible for providing pharmaceutical care services through interaction with patients and providers in the Clinical Pharmacy Services Ambulatory Care Clinics. This position will provide direct patient care as part of a multidisciplinary team. Will rotate through various clinics, including anticoagulation, post-discharge clinic and diabetes.
- Assesses patients for medication adherence barriers and develops a plan to maximize patients' medication success through improving or maintaining adherence to medications.
- Reviews patients' records for efficient drug therapy, drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, contraindications, allergies and sensitivities, and follows through with resolving medication therapy issues.
- Designs appropriate pharmacotherapeutic regimens: integrates patient-specific disease and drug information, current practice standards, ethical issues, quality of life issues and pharmacoeconomic principles.
- Consults with medical providers on optimal drug therapy regimens and drug therapy management and provides drug information when appropriate
- Conducts patient centered clinical pharmacy functions and appropriately documents all patient care activities in the electronic medical record (i.e. interpretation of lab values, response to drug therapy, physical assessments).
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of pharmacology, medical terminology, pathologies, disease states, and related information to medical management plan.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills; experience in managed care; and demonstrated ability to exercise collaboration, negotiation and other interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate record of success in working with physicians and within multidisciplinary healthcare professions.
- PC skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are required.
- Experience with anticoagulation medication management and other chronic disease management (especially diabetes and medication management for the geriatric population) required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of postgraduate work as a health care provider with direct patient care responsibilities, aside from any dispensing functions, preferred
- Formal training in clinical pharmacy or relevant experience in clinical pharmacy in a medical setting and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, preferred
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree, from an accredited school of pharmacy required
- Active License to practice pharmacy by the California Board of Pharmacy required
- Successful completion of a clinical pharmacy residency program which conforms to the American Society of Health Systems Pharmacist standards or certification such as Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Certified Diabetes Educator, etc. required
No job matches. Start a new search below!