for the Supv, Clinical Hospice Svcs (Registered Nurse/RN) - LA County/Long Beach - Full- position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Supv, Clinical Hospice Svcs (Registered Nurse/RN) - LA County/Long Beach - Full-
Long Beach - Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
Saddleback Hospice is a department of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center that supports all of Orange County, and South LA County/Long Beach. MemorialCare Hospice & Palliative Services includes an interdisciplinary team of physicians, registered nurses, social workers, spiritual care counselors, home health aides and trained volunteers. These professionals provide physical, emotional and spiritual support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each team member plays a unique role in caring for our Hospice patients. Saddleback Memorial (Orange County, CA) has consistently been named one of Healthgrades' America's 50 Best Hospitals, an achievement gained by just 1% of the nation's hospitals. The hospice services include medications that relate to the terminal illness, respite care, bereavement support for 13 months, nutritional consultation, and other therapies as the patient's condition warrants.
Under direction of the Director, assumes leadership accountability and responsibility for Hospice clinical team. Responsibilities include team development, Hiring, recruitment, planning, and monitoring of financial, operational and human resource issues. Participates in and accepts responsibility for functions delegated by the Director. Key responsibilities include:
- This position is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, Managing and evaluating home health staff.
- Plans, directs and evaluates orientation program for home health staff. Ensures that staff is competent and adequately trained to be in the field.
- Implements and monitors patient care through quality improvement process, review of staff activities and documentation. Ensures that documentation is timely, accurate and complete to ensure that both clinical and financial goals are met.
- Manages daily schedule for Home health staff to maintain productivity standards within budgetary guidelines and ensure that staff's time is maximized to provide an effective and efficient service.
- Serves as liaison between hospital, physician and community to enhance quality of care and education of the Home health program.
- Responsible for Team leadership, and effective team communication.
- Responsible for seeing that the goals and objectives of the Home health program are implemented under the direction of the Clinical operations manager.
- Addresses the age specific needs of the population served (see checklist).
- Understands and enforces COP's (Conditions of Participation), Federal and state regulatory guidelines for home health
- 3 years Hospice experience, Management experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or health related field required (within 36 months of hire)
- PHN preferred
- Registered Nurse with a California license
- Current BLS from AHA
- Current California driver's license with valid California car insurance and a good driving record
No job matches. Start a new search below!