for the Product Manager Lead position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Product Manager Lead
Chandler - Ascend Learning, Inc.
For over 25 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), a division of Ascend Learning, has been the industry leader in fitness education, certifying thousands of Personal Trainers each year and providing science-based continuing education options for fitness professionals. NASM offers a wide range of educational programs designed to meet the unique learning styles of our students to make them successful and maximize their potential. We're dedicated to helping fitness enthusiasts become fitness professionals and fitness professionals to realize their dreams.
The Product Manager Lead will manage the product function and team of two product managers. This role owns the vision and content strategy for the assigned product line. This position is responsible for the creation and execution of product solutions from idea to market to ongoing adoption, usage and profitability. This positions defines, launches, and builds profitable product solutions and ensures the solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. The Product Manager Lead is responsible for the achievement of growth objectives including revenue, profitability, market share, customer satisfaction and ROI.
- Develop and drive an effective product and solution development plan, implementation methodology and resourcing plan and create business cases for new products and services.
- Determine customer needs and desires by specifying and conducting research needed to obtain market information relevant to product development and revision.
- Drive the overall execution of product lifecycle management including strategy, development, launch, and maintenance of products/solutions in all markets as leader of a cross functional business team.
- Identify and respond to market need for product enhancement and versioning.
- Own the long-term Ascend Business Unit Product Development Plan, including feature enhancements, maintenance, and innovation.
- Drive and lead cross-functional teams to ensure delivery and implementation of products meets revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
- Coordinate pricing for products and solutions in consideration of the strategy to ensure profitable growth.
- Lead cross-functional efforts on internal and external product message, marketing materials, and product launch.
- Identify possible third party partner's specific to business unit roadmap needs and are critical to providing a complete solution for prospects and customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred.
- Three to five years of demonstrated success in a product management, marketing, or product development role.
- Two plus years of experience managing product managers.
- Experience developing key strategies for product-related business objectives.
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams.
- Experience in sales, marketing, profit and loss, and a management role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to research and understand the targeted markets, clients and competition.
- Critically and objectively analyze market needs, pain points, and desires in a concise and compelling fashion.
- Ability to understand market and customer needs and translate those needs into viable product solutions.
- Understanding of the dynamics of education and academic markets.
- Able to successfully launch disruptive and innovative technology and products.
- Forecast product needs and results including financial planning, resourcing, sales projections, and marketing needs.
- Seek out new or alternative ways of delivering and creating products that provide an engaging and outcome oriented experience.
- Demonstrate curiosity as it relates to the industry, customer, and clients of customers.
- Proactively seek out partnership opportunities to support and leverage existing products
- Excellent prioritization skills based on customer needs and business unit requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage time and maintain an organized set of records.
- Provide reports that are related to relevant business unit concerns.
- Proficiency with PC or MAC including Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent leadership and internal communication skills.
- Ability to set goals, build effective agendas, and lead successful meetings.
- Demonstrable creativity for problem solving.
No job matches. Start a new search below!