for the Night Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Minneapolis - The Marcus Corporation
The Night Manager is responsible in assisting the hotel operations and supervise hotel staff during the second shift to ensure a high degree of quality and service. As Manager on Duty, will be responsible for resolving guest issues as well as respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations.
1. Fields guest complaints, conducts thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve any problems that may arise.
2. Actively involved in all operations during the shift. Assists associates as needed to expedite timely and courteous service.
3. Assists in enforcing decisions made by fellow managers. Acts as Manager On Duty for supervisory and line associates. Areas of responsibility do not supersede those of on-duty departmental managers.
4. Handles noise complaints, credit problems, employee conflicts, guest relocation, and rejection of unruly guests in conjunction with hotel security team utilizing diplomacy and good judgement.
5. Regular room and public space inspections on a nightly basis.
6. Maintains a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self and subordinates.
7. Investigate and report all incidents.
8. Assists in check in/check out of guests or any related guest service activity.
9. Required to work nights and weekends - day shifts as needed to support operation.
10. Attend all operational meetings such as Group Resume, BEO, etc…
11. Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
12. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. Basic leadership skills including coaching, motivating, counseling, and disciplining.
2. Ability to use computer keyboard, telephone, and electronic equipment to meet requests effectively.
3. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
4. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
5. Considerable knowledge of all departments' functionality, hotel facilities/services, as well as city and current events.
6. Excellent verbal communication skills.
7. Prior hotel experience required, prior supervisory experience preferred.
8. Conflict resolution skills.
9. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
10. Knowledge of the PMS system.
11. Strong organization and time management skills.
No job matches. Start a new search below!