for the Park Ave Grill Server (AM Shift) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Park Ave Grill Server (AM Shift)
Oklahoma City - The Marcus Corporation
The Server is responsible for the service of food and/or beverage to include the order taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
1. Checks station before, during, and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
2. Greets the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness, discusses water choices - bottled or tap.
3. Presents bread presentation explaining each side option.
4. Records the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy. Up sells with each opportunity.
5. Inputs the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed using course buttons as needed.
6. Retrieves orders from Food Runner, ensuring all items are to specifications. Items are served to ladies first and clockwise to pivot points.
7. Abides by all State, federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Remove table crumbs and silver as used. Replaces napkin if guest exits from table.
9. Replenishes beverages as necessary and checks with guests for overall satisfaction.
10. Presents dessert menu and markets and serves upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
11. Presents the check to guests promptly.
12. Collects payment for check.
13. Supplements the server assistants in clearing and resetting tables.
14. Supplements server assistants for assisting with food quality, garnishments, and traying of all food items.
15. Performs all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking service areas.
16. Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
17. Folds napkins at the beginning and end of shift.
18. Maintains self-banking procedures.
19. Stock all areas with ice and linen for shift.
20. Transport spoiled linens at the end of the shift.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must have high level knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
2. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware, and menu items.
3. Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, communicates with guests to explain and record orders.
4. Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items.
5. Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
6. Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sales procedures to pre-check orders and close out the check.
7. Prior food and beverage experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
8. Ability to maintain appropriate uniform guidelines.
9. Ability to learn wine varieties, vintage and labels.
10. Ability to learn 5 tiers of liquor, cordials, and appropriate glassware.
11. Ability to maintain standards of service, cycle of service and all departmental standards.
12. Knowledge of proper etiquette.
At the Skirvin Hilton, we offer the following great benefits
* Competitive Wages
* Insurance benefits to our associates after 90 days of full-time employment
* Room discounts
* Complimentary meals in our employee cafeteria daily/nightly
The Skirvin Hilton is a Drug Free Workplace.
All candidates must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
No job matches. Start a new search below!