for the Marketing Communications Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Marketing Communications Specialist
Wilsonville - FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Marketing Communications Specialist (MCS) is responsible for assisting the Marketing Communications Project Manager (MPM) with writing and project management assignments as part of the effort of maintaining strong relationships with the segment vertical marketing director (VMD), vertical marketing manager (VMM), and their internal FLIR clients. The MCS will be frequently tasked with taking A to Z project management ownership of select, assigned deliverables.
The MCS will play a key support (and sometimes primary) role in the development of a wide variety of marketing communications content and media, working, in many cases, alongside the MPM as they help guide VMDs and VMMs toward the most effective approaches. The MCS will also be called upon to be the primary lead on certain assignments. The MCS will help write and copy edit content for print collateral, public relations, videos, and web pages, as well as project manage select deliverable assignments. The MCS works in collaboration with internal and external creative team members " graphics artists, web designers and video artists (among others) " to develop communication solutions, and monitor progress.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create written content for brochures, datasheets, packaging, web pages, emails, press releases, videos, application stories, technical notes, and other marketing assets.
- As part of this responsibility, duties will include: obtaining/researching product and project background information; helping draft core messaging/positioning; and collaborating with others on the creative team to help develop design concepts and written content.
- Project management duties include: tracking production progress of assigned deliverable to ensure they meet strategic goals, creative quality expectations, and deadlines. Other producing functions may include but are not limited to selecting and gathering FLIR product and application imagery " thermal and visual, finding/scouting photo and video shoot locations, casting on-camera talent, and supervising photo and video shoots.
- Ensure assigned project assets and final released deliverables are ingested and published to the NetX digital asset management (DAM) system " some of these duties will be inherent to a specific project exclusively assigned to the MCS and some tasks will be delegated from the MPM.
- Participates in a variety of events, meetings, training sessions, customer site visits, trade shows and other activities.
- Job Qualifications: Include minimum education, work experience, knowledge & skills necessary to perform the functions of the job
- 2-5 years in agency or corporate client-side creative environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (English, Journalism, Communications or related major)
- Experience in writing marketing content that is technical in nature for print, web, video, public relations
- Project management/producing experience a plus
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Proven critical thinking skills a must
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work under firm deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Other Qualification: Include any preferred education, work experience, knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of electronics industry or imaging technology a plus
- U.S. citizen or valid Permanent Resident (Green Card) status required related to federal trade requirements.
Up to 10% travel may be required
Ability to lift up to 20 lbs of equipment may be necessary
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!