for the Field Service Technician (Temporary) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Field Service Technician (Temporary)
Tucson - FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Systems is the provider of a fleet of integrated surveillance systems for the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol within the Tucson, AZ sector. The Field Service Technician (FST) will be responsible for the inspection, evaluation, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of the systems to ensure the fleet operates at optimal capacity.
Candidates must have a strong background in either:
a) Electronics and information technology with significant troubleshooting and repair experience on computer software and hardware driven ISR (intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance) collecting systems. The FST will collect field failure data, develop test procedures, execute tests, and consult with design engineers as necessary to remedy problems and drive necessary design changes. The FST will also execute established acceptance test procedures to validate repairs were successful.
b) Electrical and electro-mechanical systems with significant troubleshooting and repair experience on ISR (intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance) collecting systems. The FST will collect field failure data, develop test procedures using schematics and wiring diagrams, execute tests utilizing standard test instruments and hand tools, repair the system, and then validate repairs by using established acceptance test procedures.
Additionally, the FST shall perform system and sub-system testing as necessary to proactively identify issues that could occur during field deployment of the system, and coordinate and assist design engineers in developing and installing solutions to these problems.
The work activities will be performed in a shop environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the advanced troubleshooting and depot level maintenance to ensure prompt repair and achievement of contractually obligated operational availability metrics.
- Maintain a log of repair actions and incidents. Identify recurring issues where design or software modifications could lead to improved system availability and reduced maintenance costs, and prepare preliminary proposals for such modifications for review and discussion with the system design team.
- Verify accurate tracking of inventory.
- Efficiency: Produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Honesty/Integrity: Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right.
- Organization & planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Flexibility: Adjusts quickly to changing conditions.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement. Has a can-do attitude.
- Acts with a sense of urgency: Does not put off until tomorrow what can be accomplished today.
- Follows-through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
Education and Experience:
- U.S. Citizen only.
- Associates degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, or related technical discipline or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- Supporting systems for the defense industry or Customs & Border Patrol industry is a plus.
- Prior military experience or Customs & Border Patrol experience is a plus.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!