for the Sr. Software Architect position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr. Software Architect
Goleta - FLIR Systems
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Responsible for overall software structure and organization. Takes high level market requirements and develops a modular architecture of software modules that reliably and efficiently accomplish business goals. Provides technical direction to a large number of software engineers tasked to implement the various architectural components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to software team
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficient
- Software abstraction with the ability to define modular code systems
- Understanding software source code organization for complex systems targeted to multiple hardware environments
- Understanding of software configuration management
Core Performance Skills:
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Analytical problem solving
- Teaching new technologies to other software engineers
- Excellent technical judgement
Education and Experience:
- MS Computer Science or eq
- 10+ years as software architect, systems architect, systems engineer or equivalent
- Previous technical responsibility for 20+ software engineers
- Must be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status, required.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!