for the VHDL Electrical Engineer III position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
VHDL Electrical Engineer III
Melbourne - DRS Technologies
DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specialize equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Jo Title- Electrical Engineer III
Relocation funds available.
The Electrical Engineer III is responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget. Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems. May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently.
Responsible for the design or robust military circuit card assemblies and associated VHDL code for next generation Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience with current Microsemi, Altera or Xilinx FPGA’s, SOC’s and tools required.
- Familiarity with pipelined video processed preferred.
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #DRS
No job matches. Start a new search below!