for the Region Safety Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Region Safety Manager
North Charleston - National Express Corporation
Safety, Customers, People, Community & Excellence
A leading provider of student transportation, National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. NELLC operates 250 branches in North America, employs 30,000 individuals and has revenues of $1.2B. National Express consists of Durham School Services, Septran, Petermann Bus, The Provider, Safeway, Smith Bus and TransExpress in the Unites States and Stock Transportation in Canada. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking a Region Safety Manager to oversee various locations in the Charleston, SC Area.
The Region Safety Manager is a regional expert role responsible for partnering with our field operations and safety organizations to improve safety and training processes including reducing motor vehicle accidents, reducing work-related injuries, and ensuring OSHA / DOT compliance, through the development and implementation of local plans. Additionally, this position indirectly leads the Safety Training Supervisors within a designated region and assists in their professional development.
Governance & Compliance
- Advises region leaders on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Evaluates practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the company policies and safety regulations.
- Maintains the safety training requirements for company programs and the associated methods of communication for our DOT classified workforce.
Safety Culture Leadership
- Works with operational leaders to enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Partners with site staff to execute health and safety plans in the according to legal guidelines to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Ensures that the company's core value of safety is modeled and maintained throughout the area.
Accident & Injury Prevention & Management
- Implements vehicle accident and work-related injury prevention plans.
- Responsible for the immediate notifications and updates of serious accidents and incidents to the Leadership and /or owners.
- Manages accident investigations and incidents and provides guidance to the General Manager.
- Completes post-accident investigation and corresponding report on root causes and hazards.
- Conducts training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Attends and presents at monthly safety meetings, start-up meetings and safety committee meetings
- Provides safety training to CSC management teams in designated region in accordance with Company-developed curriculum.
- Assists in training new safety committees.
- Performs data analysis on accident and violation information with a focus on remediation and prevention.
- Evaluates the area's safety effectiveness through analyses of KPIs and provides counsel on remediation efforts.
Company name is ; National Express LLC
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Understanding of how to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail to identify hazards
- Ability to communicate guidelines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff and customers.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven customer service skills including customer driven solutions
- Ability to interact with and influence senior executives
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 4 year Degree in Safety Management, Health Sciences or Occupational Health or equivalent experience
- 3 years' experience with DOT regulations and safety administration in general industry; transportation experience preferred
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.nellc.com .
No job matches. Start a new search below!