for the Workers' Compensation Adjuster II position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Workers' Compensation Adjuster II
Silver Spring - Erie Insurance
Handles workers' compensation claims within designated authority, exercising discretion and independent judgment in the decision-making process.
This is a remote, work from home role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes immediate contact with Policyholders, claimants and medical providers. Contacts Agents as necessary.
- Handles workers' compensation claims, including fatalities. Investigates compensability and evaluates and makes recommendations regarding coverage of claims. Conducts field investigations as necessary, determines total value of claim, establishes and maintains reserves, manages cases and prepares related reports and correspondence. Investigates and researches statutes for unusual incidents. Maintains all records and related materials.
- Assigns, monitors and controls activities of vendors in a cost-effective manner.
- Resolves coverage questions, exercising discretion and independent judgment, and in compliance with applicable workers' compensation law.
- Evaluates, processes and takes appropriate action on claim-related bills and medical, rehabilitation and special investigative reports. Determines claims to be paid, compromised or contested.
- Reviews claim files on a regular basis and takes necessary follow-up and/or closing action.
- Coordinates activities with a rehabilitation specialist on seriously injured claimants and refers special risk situations to commercial underwriting. Notifies company investigative services of cases involving suspected fraud.
- Participates in informational presentations to Agents and Policyholders.
- Assists or acts on behalf of the workers' compensation claims supervisor when required.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Five years of previous workers' compensation claims handling experience, including a strong working knowledge of applicable laws required. Working knowledge of medical bill processing required. Successful completion of AIC 37, AIC 44 and medical interpretation courses preferred. Willingness to obtain and maintain any required licenses. Valid driver's license required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Occasional (<20>
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (<20>
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Underwriter, Workers Compensation, Adjuster, Claims, Compensation, Insurance, Human Resources
No job matches. Start a new search below!