for the Property Adjuster II position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Property Adjuster II
Franklin - Erie Insurance
Exercises independent discretion or judgment in handling all types of property claims. Also assists or acts on behalf of the claims supervisor when required.
- This position works from home ideally living in and servicing WIlliamson County.
- Candidates with below minimum qualifications may be considered for a Property Adjuster I position.
- A company car is provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts investigations, interviews, and inspects damage, driving to site of damage within assigned territory or other if required. Prepares estimates, makes recommendation, and handles coverage questions, and litigation.
- Sets and maintains reserves, reviews reports and related materials, directs experts, determines coverage and claim value, issues or declines payment, and negotiates claims with plaintiff attorneys when necessary.
- Documents claim files and submits report for closure.
- Recognizes subrogation situations and initiates appropriate action.
- Services assigned territory and brings assigned claims to conclusion.
- Interacts with Agents and district sales managers on matters of mutual concern.
- Assists claims supervisor or acts on his/her behalf, including representing the company at legal proceedings, as required.
- Completes industry-related training programs and continues to attend training programs to remain informed on policy changes, interpretation or new legislation.
- Assists in training of new claims adjusters.
- Participates on Catastrophe Team when required.
- The first five duties listed are the functions identified as essential to the job. Essential functions are those job duties that must be performed in order for the job to be accomplished.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability To Maintain Composure
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Five years property claims adjusting experience required. Demonstrated proficiency with estimating software required. Successful completion of Associate in Claims (AIC) program preferred. Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company. Position requires the incumbent to serve on Catastrophe Team, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks. Willingness to obtain and maintain any required licenses. Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Driving; Frequent (50-80%)
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (<20>
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Climbing; Moderate (30-40%)
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: Adjuster, Law, Claims, Insurance, Legal
No job matches. Start a new search below!