for the Door and Frame Fabricator/Assembler - Fremont, CA position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Door and Frame Fabricator/Assembler - Fremont, CA
Fremont - Oldcastle Building Envelope, Inc.
Job ID: 118171
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is seeking full-time Door and Frame Fabricator/Assembler to work at our Fremont, CA location. This position requires an ability to follow written and verbal instruction and have organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have some mechanical aptitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricating and assembling architectural aluminum products with various tools and machinery
Layout and fabricate door/frame components to accept standard and custom hardware
- Read and comprehend sales orders, fabrication drawings, hardware templates, die drawings, and product catalogs
- All other duties as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Must speak, read, and understand English to understand and communicate paperwork and labels
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively read and use a tape measure
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Ability to use machinery and hand tools to fabricate products
- Welding knowledge and skill is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Previous fabrication experience preferred
- Ability to squat, crouch, bend, twist, lift, pull, reach, and walk frequently every day
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs from floor level and up to 75 pounds from waist level
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!