for the IT Security Operations Analyst - East Rutherford, NJ position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
IT Security Operations Analyst - East Rutherford, NJ
East Rutherford - Allied Building Products Corporation
Job ID: 118177
Allied Building Products, a division of Oldcastle, is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset. Allied still holds true to the core values of our humble beginnings that have made us a true success.
The Security Operations Analyst will be part of the Technical Services team and will play a key role in protecting the company’s data assets. Primary emphasis will be on analyzing, implementing and maintaining solutions in areas including, but not limited to Security Design and Architecture, SIEM, Risk Management, Access Management, Security Awareness, Security Issue Management, Compliance, Threat/Vulnerability Management, and Penetration Testing. Responsibilities will also include participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Operations Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the company’s security goals as established by stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
- Work on security improvements including the analysis, implementation and maintenance of new security tools, processes and supporting assets
- Participate in project teams providing consultation on information security designs
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits
- Provide reporting and metrics as required to support security processes
- Perform network incident investigations, determining the cause of the security incident and preserving evidence for potential legal action
- Appropriately inform and advise management on incidents and incident prevention
- Initiate escalation procedure to counteract potential threats/vulnerabilities
- Document and manage processes related to security monitoring
- Participate in knowledge sharing with IT team
- Troubleshoots complex application and process issues
- Translate business requirements into written specifications and project plans as needed
- Interface with technical personnel and other teams as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of IT Security principles, techniques and technologies
- Understanding of the technical aspects of Information Security
- Knowledge of Networking protocols and technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server
- Excellent analytical, task management and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to meet delivery deadlines to support critical business decisions
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous tasks
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (Logrhythm preferred)
- Experience with Vulnerability scanners (Qualys preferred)
- Programming and scripting skills
- IT Security Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, OSCP, etc.)
- BS from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years related experience in a complex, large scale, technology environment
- Relevant experience in a wholesale distribution company preferred
What Allied Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Allied Building Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!