for the Director of Nursing position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Director of Nursing
Orange - St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Lead clinical development and operations during the start-up phase of development including building a strong team, developing policies and procedures and preparing for AAAHC survey. The Director of Nursing coordinates all nursing activities and is responsible for operating efficiently while maintaining a safe environment and delivering quality patient care.
The Pavilion Surgery Center is multi-specialty HOPD with 10 operating rooms and 7 procedure rooms located on 2 floors of a medical office building. A new joint venture between St. Joseph Hospital, Sovereign Healthcare and local physicians will re-open the facility as an ASC early 2017.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current nursing license in the State of California. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Previous experience in outpatient surgery/procedures, nursing administration or high-level supervisory position required.
- Five or more years of clinical nursing experience, preferably operating room and ambulatory surgery center experience.
- Knowledge of the standards, regulations and laws affecting Ambulatory Surgery Center operation to include state, CMS and AAAHC.
- The candidate will demonstrate good organizational and communication skills, high level management skills, mathematical computation skills, and familiarity with all patient care equipment and products.
- Demonstrate continuous learning through use of various sources to meet personal and professional goals. Maintains professional affiliations, attends outside conferences, seminars and workshops.
- The Director of Nursing will demonstrate the ability to handle the daily management of the center and will possess above average physical and mental health and have the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Encourages staff input and is receptive to suggestions of staff members.
- Encourages participation in developing facility objectives, formulating operating policies and procedures and developing job descriptions.
- Provides feedback to employees.
- Acknowledges positive performance.
- Encourages a positive team attitude within the entire organization.
- Promotes communication within the departments and throughout the organization.
- Adjusts priorities with a minimal amount of disruption.
- Displays professionalism at work and in the community.
- Actively participates in marketing the center to physicians, staff, and the community.
- May function as Interim Administrator in the Administrators absence.
- Supervises and directs all clinical care in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Works in conjunction with area specific managers to ensure on-going quality patient care.
- Evaluates and interprets the Centers policies and objectives to ensure compliance and a consistent quality of care.
- Ensures that policy and procedures are followed by all staff.
- Promotes and provides a safe environment for staff and patients.
- Supervises care of OR Suites and equipment to ensure cleanliness, sterility, and operational ability of all equipment and supplies.
- Functions as a staff nurse when necessary
- Assures that documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Communicates information to all health care team members regarding patient care and outcome. Assists in development of plan for continuous improvement of patient care.
- Works with physicians to evaluate and enhance the patient experience at the Center.
- Handles emergency problems in conjunctions with the appropriate Medical/Nursing staff.
- Works with Administrator to investigates complaints of patients, staff and medical staff; and takes appropriate action and follow-up to assure that complaints have been handled satisfactorily.
- Maintains visitor control and handles visitor concerns in conjunction with appropriate staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Administrator, Medical Director and the Governing Board.
- Assists the Administrator in monitoring the costs per procedure and per physician.
- Assists the Administrator in developing, managing and supervising materials and supply management to ensure safety, access and cost effectiveness.
- Promotes assurance of correctness of all patient charges and completion prior to delivery to the billing specialist.
- Reviews and approves employee time cards, monitors vacation, sick and education time.
No job matches. Start a new search below!