for the Pharmacy Intern - Per Diem, Variable shift, 8hr position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Pharmacy Intern - Per Diem, Variable shift, 8hr
Orange - St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Under the direct supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist, the pharmacy intern assists the pharmacist in all aspects of departmental operation, including all functions of a pharmacist at the discretion of the pharmacist. Duties and responsibilities include the filling and maintenance of the unit-dose, patient medication cassettes, ADC, IV admixture, floor stock, and drug inventory systems. Performs relevant tasks including filling, repackaging, compounding, record keeping, billing, clerical functions, and other tasks as assigned. Participates in quality assurance and performance improvement activities, and departmental education and training. Maintains departmental standards and translates policies and procedures into the daily practice. The pharmacy intern reports directly to the pharmacist on duty and indirectly to a supervisor or manager.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled or post graduate of accredited school of Pharmacy.
- Current, valid Pharmacy Intern license from the state of California.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification.
- Experience as pharmacy technician or intern in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws, pharmacy intern’s scopes of practice, role and functions of a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of proper aseptic techniques.
- Basic typing skills and have experience working with computers.
- Knowledge of basic drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, and basic pharmacology.
- Excellent verbal communication and multi-tasking skills.
No job matches. Start a new search below!